X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with password folders

Hi,
    I have been reading and have not found info on this yet sorry if this is a repeat
    My sight is http://www.Blockerphotos.com

1) At this time i have one password folder (will be adding more) but i cant find a way from my log in page to get to the password folders would a form link it and if i have more than one user name and password can i link to a differnet password folder

2)I have downloaded form maker pro and read and read but can not get it to work any help you can give would great

thanks

Re: Need help with password folders

Hi ..

If I understand your question, you are wondering how to get to your protected area?

I think you have created the password protected directory - now you must publish any pages that you wish to password protect to this directory .. then if you typed in that page as you normally would you would be brought to the log in page to enter your username and password

if you are trying to create multiple password directories with multiple log in and users you might try watdaflip .. he has scripted up just the thing you might be interested in .. you can find him here ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

ok thanks but mabe i missed something but when i go to publish into that file do i publish as i would norm. world just put / the folder name than i get 404 not on server

Comment

Originally posted by dbman21 View Post
        ok thanks but mabe i missed something but when i go to publish into that file do i publish as i would norm. world just put / the folder name than i get 404 not on server
        Yes publish as you normally would ... you can't just bring up the folder though, you need to create and publish a page into the private directory

Your directory is like a filing cabinet .. public_html being the main holder for everything ..

public_html is the "public directory for your domain" everything you publish to public_html is visible to the public ..

what you did was create a password protect directory (private folder) within the public_html

To put pages in this folder you publish to public_html/nameofprivatefolder

let's for example say the password protected folder you created was called privatestock ... and let's same the first page you created for this password protected directory was called nightpictures

you would publish this page nightpictures to public_html/privatestock

You would then link to this page as

then when you passed around that link to your members with the user name and password for this directory .. when they arrived at the above link they would get the password prompt box and have to insert username and password to access that page ..

Hope that helps you clear things up ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanks it worked now if i can just get the pro from thing to work thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X