Top/Side Borders--Need more help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top/Side Borders--Need more help

Well, I have tried to follow directions on the link given by NavalDesign, but to no avail. When it says publish, where does it go? And then, I don't understand how the menu/navigation bar and HTML box connect together somehow. How does my already made Navigation Bar work into all this. I am really confused. I already have some pages published, and would really like to understand this before I continue. If someone could please explain this to me in more detail I would really, really appreciate it. I really am trying to understand it all, but it's just not clicking. Any and all help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
    Lisa

www.justtoolsinc.com

Re: Top/Side Borders--Need more help

Lisa

Since it has been quite some time and no one has responded....maybe I can help you see the concept of Naval's instructions!

I'm also a newbie, but I think I understand what Navel is doing. So, I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will come along and fill in the things I might leave out!

First, when you build the page that JUST has the menubar on it, install the php code and publish it; it is going to go in your "public_html" folder.

Next, you are putting an html box, with (the php code that Naval described), on every page of your site; located where you want the menubar to appear.

You will publish each of your site's pages and they will go into the "public_html folder.

Now, what happens is that when someone opens one of those pages; the html box will cause the menubar to be "copied" onto the page they opened...including the links to your other pages.

This means that at a later date if you need to add pages; you don't have to open every other page and add that new page link! Just open the menubar page and add it there and republish!

Hope this will help you understand the instructions better.

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thank you so much for your help. It is starting to "click" a litttle. I have another question for you. Exactly where is my public_html folder located? Am I supposed to make it? Do they tell you this in one of the tutorials cause I must have missed it? I really do appreciate you trying to help me.

Thanks
      Lisa
      Justtoolsinc.com

Comment

Lisa,

You don't really need to know where the folder is located, but in laymans terms it is the folder on your sevrer where you publish everything that you want to be visible on your site.

Whenever you publish using the BV tool in the folder location it will automatically have public_html folder already typed there so you don't need to actually get into it as such.

Sometimes there is a need to do so, but in your case at this stage of your web build it is best to stay out of it until it all comes together. Trust me you WILL pick up on everything and one day you'll be in here answering questions and not asking them.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks for the confidence boost. I'll probably keep asking questions, but I WILL figure this out.

Lisa
          Justtoolsinc.com

Comment

Working...
          X