Need help please ...i'm at a loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help please ...i'm at a loss

Boy, do I have a problem. I am creating my website in BlueVoda, and things have been going great...other than going through the learning process.
    I published my site several days ago, and all the files for it are now on BV. They were also on my hard drive but now all of the images disappeared and none of the images show in BV, but if I click on preview, everything is there.
    I rebooted but still now showing.
    Also, the images that are in my hard drive folder are missing...but ,then why do they show up in preview.

Thanks in advance
    km5tq
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    www.jewelsheritage.net
    Cunningham-Staggs-Brown-Moore-Bristow-Jackson..just a few I'm researching

Re: Need help please ...i'm at a loss

Sounds like you may have moved your images that you used when you created your pages .. if you do this, you will notice the images will not appear when you open a .bvp file ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

km5tq

If you are speaking of the bv0xxxx.gif type images; this has always been a mystery to me, too! I have never seen that type image stored on my hard drive! Only images that I bring into the page, such as photos or logos; are saved on my hard drive. I too, hope someone can shed some light one the bv0xxxx.gif mystery!

At first, I thought that those bv0xxxx.gif images were created and stored automatically on the VH servers as we built our pages; but how would you be able to preview your site before purchasing a hosting package??

Sorry I can't answer your question, exactly; but maybe we all will get an "official" answer soon!

Comment

usually a shape of some sort or a nav bar that you have inserted onto your page, these elements are automatically named by bluevoda for you, even if you do not publish and merely preview the image is usually created and then is stored in
        MYDOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA/IMAGES .. do you not have that folder or any of the bv named images on your computer? As well, when you publish your page these bv images then appear in your directory.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I have the folders you mentioned, and all of my images are under the folder for my website as images. All of the images have been in that folder even after publishing my index page. Now I have copies of all the images in my BV folder.
          Two of the images that disappeared were flash files, and several jpegs.
          Very weird that I could see my page when in preview but in BV web builder, they didn't show.
          Ahhhh, the mysteries of computers and graphics. Sort of like what happenes to one of your socks after you wash a pair....it just goes off into never, never land...<smile>

I had to remake my flash files.

Thanks for your input. Hope to have more on this topic also.
          km5tq
          GOD BLESS AMERICA!
          www.jewelsheritage.net

Comment

So very true, and there is always a possibility of this happening if you are running any clean up programs that remove redundant pairs of socks, lol - images -

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

LadyEye...lol Nope no clean up programs. You won't believe this,but I found the "lost" files in a folder I NEVER have used. Did a search for them and they showed up there. Go figure!..lol
              km5tq
              GOD BLESS AMERICA!
              www.jewelsheritage.net

Comment

ah yes, that search is an awesome feature, too bad Maytag himself never did invent that one, lol .. .. and great news for you to find those lost files .. ha, all a matter of memory ... computer memory, right, lol ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

You said a mouthful about Maytag...hmmm, maybe they can invent a sock tracking device...lol
                  Oh yes, I was overjoyed to find the lost files...let out a loud whoop.
                  Good thing the computer has memory, mine is almost gone.

Could you gather enough nerve to check my site again. I think it is looking a little better. Now if I can figure out what the difference between the photo gallery and the lighbox is, I'll create my galler of products.

Will hope my files don't disappear again until I can get them backed up.
                  km5tq
                  GOD BLESS AMERICA!
                  www.jewelsheritage.net

Comment

Hi again .. nice colors on your site .. a couple of suggestions for you ...

The image of the girl in your top header, you should consider resizing this with pix resizer to the appropriate size you want as opposed to resizing it on the page .. this will give you a much better looking image, it won't be so distorted looking .. and perhaps too, try adjusting the size of the player on your page to make that more in line with how things should look ..

I would probably take off that large under construction sign, and just put a nice line instead saying "Our full website is coming soon, please bookmark us now" .. something to that effect ...

Be careful with your underlining, people are accustomed to clicking underlined words, as though they are links .. so just bold something like this instead of using underlines if you are not going to link to it ..

You page is pretty wide, it will cause sideways scroll for alot of people .. you should consider keeping your page width to the '800 width - you do this on your page properties, set the width to '800 and then it is important to keep all elements, images, nav bars, etc., within this width - and begin your page building starting at the top and very left of the page ...

It's going to be very nice I think when you are done, good luck!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi LadyEye,
                      Thanks for the great suggestions. Some of them I have already implemented. Will get rid of the sign. Didn't like the colors of it anyway...lol HATE ORANGE!...lol
                      I also replaced the photo at the top. This time I remembered to resize from the original. Hope this looks better.
                      I resized my page from 1000 to 900. I think that may work. By doing that, it makes more of the background image visible. Not sure I like that. What do you think?

Thanks again...you've been a great help!
                      km5tq
                      GOD BLESS AMERICA!
                      www.jewelsheritage.net

Comment

Working...
                      X