New to BlueVoda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to BlueVoda

Hi, my friend and I are trying to do up a website using BlueVoda together. What we do is that we will construct different pages using separate laptops, then he will send me the page he constructed. However, I am having problems viewing the files he sent me, I am unable to see the images and the webpage in the original form.

I would really appreciate it if I can get some help on how we can send each other the files in a complete manner.

Thank you!

Re: New to BlueVoda

The way you are going about this will cause you huge headaches!!

Each one of yours and your friend's programs will be searching your own local folders for the images. So when you rfriend makes a page and then passes it to you the picture cannot be shown as it is trying to find it in on a different laptop to yours.

There are ways around this but you really are going to regret making a site in this manner.

How will the pages all look professional and consistent with each other when you are making pages between you and someone else in a different location, it just won't work.

If your friend spe******es in one aspect and you in another, the better option would be to do all your bits first and then pass it over to him/her to do theirs', or vice versa..

Is there a reason why you have to make a site this way?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thank you for your reply! We wanted to do the sites separately as we hoped to speed up the process. But reading your reply, it looks like doing that will only slow the process down!

So even if we transferred the files from our local folder to each other, it's still not going to work properly?

Comment

There are ways to do what you want to do - but it will only work if the paths on both your computers are identical. Put all the images being used in the same folders, named identically - on both computers - see if that works. If so, any time one of you does a page with a new image, when you send the page to the other, you'll also have to send the new images and give the folder they were saved in. You'll have to save it to the identical location on the other computer.

This will only work if the paths are IDENTICAL - and yes, it can be done. And it wouldn't be that hard after the initial set-up - especially if you keep it up as you go along.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X