Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with typing text in text box

Hi there,
    New (very new) to all of this. My user name is jar of seeds and I am just starting up my page and am having trouble typing in a text box that I set up on the first page. It is colored (not sure if that makes a difference) and I set up the font and all on the info pop up box, but it still will not allow me to type anything....anywhere really.
    Would appreciate some help.
    Thanks,
    jar of seeds

Re: help with typing text in text box

Originally posted by jarofseeds View Post
    Hi there,
    New (very new) to all of this. My user name is jar of seeds and I am just starting up my page and am having trouble typing in a text box that I set up on the first page. It is colored (not sure if that makes a difference) and I set up the font and all on the info pop up box, but it still will not allow me to type anything....anywhere really.
    Would appreciate some help.
    Thanks,
    jar of seeds

Hi .. after you have selected to INSERT TEXT - you should see words appear that say "Double Click to Edit" If you double click that area and then backspace away "Double Click to Edit" you should be able to begin typing in the text box. Have a look and you will see blue handles surrounding your text box, these can be pulled on so that the text box will enlarge and you can better place this text on the page where you want it. It is important to leave a few blank spaces at the end of a text box, (not every line or anything, just the last sentence). This allows for expansion (I guess, lol) and your text will not misalign when published ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the help with typing in the text box. My daughter helped me u too! New problem , we want to create something that you click on when you want to go to the next page or a different page when you're on the home page. I don't even know what to call it. I knew how to make a home page but i got stuck and didn't get any farther. Also, how do I download templates, the only way you could see them is on paint pro and I don't have that program.

Thanks,

jar of seeds!

Comment

Thanks for the help with typing in the text box. My daughter helped me u too! New problem , we want to create something that you click on when you want to go to the next page or a different page when you're on the home page. I don't even know what to call it. I knew how to make a home page but i got stuck and didn't get any farther. Also, how do I download templates, the only way you could see them is on paint pro and I don't have that program.

Thanks,

jar of seeds!
        Hi .. okay .. you and your daughter, that's great .. and now I think both you and your daughter should watch the tutorials too :) .. you will find many that will guide you to applying proper navaigation on your website, ideally you want to be able to reach every page from every page .. you can find the tutorials at the top of this forum, look for hyperlinking, making it all come together - there are a few ways to apply navigation and text navigation is the most popular .. I also offfer a few handwritten tips in a guide that you can view or download from my site .. LadyEye that's designed to help you in this area as well .. If you need further help, feel free to post back ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

thanks lady eye!! I'll check out the hyperlinks...I feel like such a dope here. I didn't even know that was the name for it! Thought that was used to get you to other sites, like in an email. Oh well, any suggestions on why I can't download the templates? I don't have Paint pro set up on my computer and yet that is the program the template chose to download into!! Also, do you think my current state of computer illiteracy makes NOT using a template a bad idea? Since I couldn't figure out how to download it and didn't like the templates much anyway, I created the home page myself. It's just says the title (jar of seeds) and the slogan (a growing guide for the whole family) underneath and I created a textbox to type some introduction words into....but that's all I've been able to do so far. Not sure if I'm asking for computer help or a psychiatrist after this experience....ha,ha.
          Thanks again

Comment

HI yes, links and now you will have your very own links .. you also have links to your website ... If you read my tips you will find more out about links and what they comprise of ..

Now, if you can post the link to the template you were looking at, I can get an idea of what you will be into there and advise from there ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

sorry, not sure I know how to do all that. it's just any of the templates. to download on my computer the template chose a program i don't have to view the template. very confusing.

Comment

sorry, not sure I know how to do all that. it's just any of the templates. to download on my computer the template chose a program i don't have to view the template. very confusing.
                Okay, I am not sure then, if they were the free blue voda templates that are found here ... then you just click and download them, click where it says Click here to download, and then choose save, and when a pop up box comes up you will choose the location you wish to save them in - choose My Documents - then you open the folder with win zip - you can download winzip here if you do not already have this on your computer - this is the gadget that will open that little zip file .. then you will unzip the file and the templates will appear as images, you insert this template then as an image onto your blue voda page ... anything else you would like need another program to do any editing and that might not be best for you ..

You can tho design your own template right in blue voda, which I think that is what you are doing now, that's what most of us do all of the time ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

thanks again lady!!

Comment

Working...
                  X