Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help on two things-- centering and drop menu.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on two things-- centering and drop menu.

Centering everything in the middle of the page.

Hi. Is there anyway to make sure everything on my webpage is in the center (or relative to that) regardless of screen size or web browser?

I'm sorry-- I know this must be asked a lot but I couldn't find anything in my search. I did read the thread a few pages back about going up to the toolbar and clicking 'center in page' and picking 'horizontal' or 'vertical.' That was extremely helpful, but when I view my page on two different computers, it's never universally centered.

I work on a widescreen so at first I designed my page with that measuring thing at the top pulled across to 1300. It was centered there, but then I checked the site on an older computer (with a square-ish) screen and I had to scroll to the right to see everything. I then re-did my page with an 800 width, and on my widescreen it's all to the left.

I'm looking for a way to make sure that no matter what type of screen I use, the header and background are centered, and everything else in those boxes (whether centered or not) stay in their relative places.

Different backgrounds for the drop down menu

Is there any way to make sure the background for the drop down menu is the same in all browsers? In Internet Explorer, it is currently showing the correct background, but in Firefox is just shows up as purple.

Thanks so much for any help
    Emmy.
    www.cherrylanememories.com
    Emmy
    www.cherrylanememories.com

Re: Need help on two things-- centering and drop menu.

Hi

I can assist with centering. Click anywhere on your page and go to properties. Your page shouldn't be wider than 800 and there is a little box that you can tick to centre.

There is an thread somewhere on this site which takes you to a link to:
    10 “Must Know” for Using the Blue Voda Website Builder
    Publishing your Website and Hosting with Voda
    “A Simple Guide to the Basics”
    By LadyEye

Perhaps you could do a search? If you can't find it I could always email it to you as I wish I had seen it before I started my site.

Hope this helps?
    Good luck!
    Litty

Comment

Lol

Comment

Hi,

When designing web pages always us the ruler in BV.
        Click on View and select "Ruler".

the ruer will guide you visiually where the center of your
        page is and how wide is 800.

I always use the 100 - 900 mark to center my page and
        always remember tick the "center page" in properties

As for backgrounds you can change it by using the right click
        select properties then choose "Background".
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
        X