• Show
Clear All

• Sorry I'm late, everybody....

Any seats open in this row?

Re: Sorry I'm late, everybody....

I take it you're just saying hello?
    Well, if so, hello to you BlueVodka
    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Well, let's start with a question about this forum; is this a boardaholic-rich society in here? I see there are quite a few who have achieved high rank.. Do we get sucked into the arcane intricacies of BlueVoda minutiae to the exclusion of normal life or the other boards we're hooked on?

Comment

Originally posted by sedona View Post
        I take it you're just saying hello?
        Well, if so, hello to you BlueVodka
        Thanks for the Welcome Wagon, Sedona. Many years ago I did research consulting work for an aromatherapy professor in California, Dr. John Steele, for a presentation at a World Aromatherapy Conference in the Netherlands. My focus was the spiritual root of the sense of smell in ancient Middle-Eastern texts. That's just some provocative trivia as a token of appreciation for being the first to react to my existence on this board.

Comment

Blue Vodka,

Originally posted by BlueVodka View Post
          Well, let's start with a question about this forum; is this a boardaholic-rich society in here? I see there are quite a few who have achieved high rank.. Do we get sucked into the arcane intricacies of BlueVoda minutiae to the exclusion of normal life or the other boards we're hooked on?
          Well, lol, I don't know about that. As for myself I no longer have time for playing games in chat rooms and such and only visit a couple of other forums that are topic specific to the areas of my web business that are helpful to me.

I think you will find that VodaLand is so very rich in information regarding the building and operation of our sites, and that there are so many helpful, knowledgeable and just plain goodhearted folks here that it becomes a natural dynamic to spend a good deal of time here. And I generally get my daily fix of fun as well. Rank just sort of comes with time. I don't think many of us try too hard to achieve it.
          Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Originally posted by BlueVodka View Post
            My focus was the spiritual root of the sense of smell in ancient Middle-Eastern texts.
            Interesting! Sharon writes a considerable amount of rather academic papers regarding the use and history of aromatherapy (yet to be included on our site as right now my focus is on our online store). I'll pass this on as I'm sure it will interest her.
            Ken

Comment

Hey Blue Vodka...clever name!
              Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Comment

Originally posted by Patience View Post
                Hey Blue Vodka...clever name!
                Thanks! We aim to please. Nice candle site, by the way. I was trying to scratch the screen in different places to be able to smell the various scents of the candles, but couldn't find the right place; is this b/c I'm still on win98? Is there a thread that deals with this problem?

Comment

Working...
                X