Security issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security issue

Hi all hope you can help. Got a problem with my website I have a SSL Certificate on it. Its up and running but when I created an account to test how it works every time I click on a different page windows tells me there are secure and nonsecure items on the page and asks if I want to display them. If I click on no no pictures are displayed if I click yes the padlock at the top of the page disapears. I find this annoying and so would my customers I would think. Have I done something wrong and how can I sort it out? I just want a secure site at checkout.

Thanks for ant help

Sazkat2
    sigpic
    www.classjewellers.co.uk

Re: Security issue

provide a link so we can click also.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost View Post
      provide a link so we can click also.
      Hi thanks for your reply. Im going to sound stupid now but not sure how you do that!!! I have to sign up with my details on my website as if I was a customer thats when things go wrong. Can I give a link to the website if my customer account is oopen on the website?

Thanks again

Sarah
      sigpic
      www.classjewellers.co.uk

Comment

Hi Sarah,
        Not getting it... have you published? If so your website is your domain name.
        Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Unless I have mis-understood her address is in her sig at the bottom of her post, I presume this is the one she is talking about as the ssl certificate is at the bottom www.classjewellers.co.uk

I can't say anything on your problem as it is non clickable for me Sarah!
          www.anxietynomore.co.uk
          The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
          Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
          Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Sarah,
            You are talking about the check-out pages? If you put any images on them that are not secure, you'll get that pop-up - I suggest you remove anything not secure from those pages. I also suggest you remove the right column so that the check-out page fits your template. Right now it bulges to the right because of the left column.

You also need to change the continue shopping link so that it doesn't go to an https page but to an http page. Otherwise they'll get that pop-up (as now) when they click to continue shopping.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys. Bethers thanks as allways you are a massive help! Using Soho so have posted in there to find out if I can do what has been suggested.

Sazkat2
              sigpic
              www.classjewellers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
                Sarah,
                You are talking about the check-out pages? If you put any images on them that are not secure, you'll get that pop-up - I suggest you remove anything not secure from those pages. I also suggest you remove the right column so that the check-out page fits your template. Right now it bulges to the right because of the left column.

You also need to change the continue shopping link so that it doesn't go to an https page but to an http page. Otherwise they'll get that pop-up (as now) when they click to continue shopping.
                Hi Bethers thanks so much for that you are allways a massive help. I am not sure how to change the ssl certificate - can I do it in soho admin?

Thanks again

Sarah
                sigpic
                www.classjewellers.co.uk

Comment

Not sure why you want to change the SSL certificate? I think you only want to change what you display on those pages and then the url you return to from them to continue shopping.

If you're having trouble with that - find Karenmac - she'll be able to help with it - I'll send her this url to see the thread.
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
                    Not sure why you want to change the SSL certificate? I think you only want to change what you display on those pages and then the url you return to from them to continue shopping.

If you're having trouble with that - find Karenmac - she'll be able to help with it - I'll send her this url to see the thread.
                    Thanks Bethers not good with this type of thing yet so your help is very welcome!

Thanks again

Sarah
                    sigpic
                    www.classjewellers.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X