Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum password protected files

Hey all,

On my one website, i have phpbb forums set up. For people wanting to access the forums they have to be a membership with my site. Doing that once i accept them as a member (membership fee) I give them a name and password which will allow them to get to the forums.

The forum file i have as locked and i add users as needed with new log in name / passwords.

Problem i am having is that the password file works as it should not letting anyone onto forums without name / password but once they are on the forums, clicking on a topic they are asked for a name and password again for a sub folder (image or template etc) which i dont have as password protected folder. Only the forum folder is password protected. The sub folders arent.

By cancelling the box for name and password once they are at the forums, they can browse / post as neccesary.

How do i eliminate that second name / password box from coming up? Is that something in C-panel im doing wrong or forum side?

My thanks. Site is www.diydatabase.net/forum
    Darc

sigpic
    www.drwdesigners.com

www.diydatabase.net

Re: Forum password protected files

All forums have a registration were the user has a username and password this in theory can not be by passed. the only way you can stop this is to set up all the permissions so that anyone can view and post on your forum with out registering, the only problem with this is that all posts made will have the username "Guest"

Comment

Working...
    X