Sidebar/Frame/Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidebar/Frame/Table

I'm probably just thick-headed, but what are differences between sidebars/frames/ and tables...is a side bar a real advantage for designing my template or will one of the other two serve just as well?

Thanks

Re: Sidebar/Frame/Table

SideBars: I'm not sure that is actually a tool. I have only heard that in referring to leaving an area on one side or the other, (or both), of the main middle content area.
    i-Frames: It's a box shape that you create with the i-frame tool. It can be sized as you prefer. You can select whether it displays a scroll bar or not. It is filled with another web page that you build or reference to. If the "fill" object is longer than the frame; the frame will automatically extend in length to accommodate it. But you will need to display the scroll bar.

Tables: Another box shape that you define the number of columns and rows, (ie., 3 col. & 4 rows) would result in 12 boxes (cells); each one being able to have content entered and edited. The whole element can be sized by dragging the sizing handles and individual cols. or rows can be sized by stretching the lines that form the cell.

I am still learning! So, I'm sure if I have missed something or given wrong info; someone will help you further.

Comment

Thanks...I think, because of the content of the ox, I need to i-frame and link it to page. I am creating a "reading index" in this section, that will have portions of articles with links to read the article. It seems to cumbersome to use a table and enter the data there when I could use an external style sheet and change index page content weekly. Am I making sense..Perhaps you have a better idea.

Comment

please ignore the last post..there is post with specific instructions on how to do this that i subscribed to...thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X