Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back to Basics: How Do I Draw A Vertical Line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Basics: How Do I Draw A Vertical Line?

Hello All,

Looks like I'm going to need help from the baby steps. The site is currently at the most primitive level and there are a couple things I didn't find answers to in the tutorials, etc.

Here's the address: http://iovsa.com/index.html

A few basic questions about problems I'm having using the BlueVoda program:

1) Using the "line" button, I succeed in drawing, stretching, and coloring a horizontal line across the width of the page, but when I try to set line *height* properties, it only lets me create a line 100 pixels high. What I want to do is stretch a line from the top of the page all the way down to the end of my text.

2) You see I have four buttons there to the left under the logo: do I stretch the size of the buttons so the text fits into them, or reduce the text size, or just throw away the buttons and make them hyperlinks?

3) Rulers: Let's say I made a text box and pasted in there the main body of my text. The text is fairly long, but BlueVoda only lets me scroll down to the bottom of the text visible to me in the window UNLESS I go into VIEW / PAGE PROPERTIES / and adjust PAGE HEIGHT to 3300. Why is this? Am I missing a much more simple way of seeing to the bottom of my text?

Those are the first questions. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.....

BV

Re: Back to Basics: How Do I Draw A Vertical Line?

You may use shape to do lines.

Comment

BlueVodka,

2/ You can probably alter the buttons with another program but not within bv. You can also import buttons you may find that will work but your text is so long linked text might be the best solution.
      3/ Why make such a long column of text? Grab ahold of the handle on the right of your text box and stretch it the width of the page to make it more like a true letter.
      Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Allright, lessee; I'm going to try to rectify these matters but as to item #3, I could make the lines of text a little longer to shorten page length, but I believe it is easier for the eye to skim short lines no matter how long it makes the page, rather than l o n g lines that almost span the entire page. In any case, why in principle does the program not let me see all the way down to the bottom of my text?

Meanwhile, I'll work on the improvements you suggested....

Comment

Hello Blue Vodka,

You could try this site for some pretty neat (build your own) buttons.

http://cooltext.com/Buttons If you don't like them when you are finished; all you've lost is a little time.

Have a great day.

Comment

In Shapes, WHICH type of shape can be made to resemble a simple line? Even "arrow" gives me an arrow I don't want, just a plain line....What type shape would you use as a line?

Comment

use the rectangle, pull down for the desired length and squeeze it down to a very thin width. Fill with your choice of colors.

Comment

Thanks much for taking the time to answer; will do......ok class, now let's learn about RECTANGLES......

Comment

The rectangles do not produce a satisfactory line, either. It seems there is a bug that has been overlooked in the program; line drawing should be like in Paint, where I can stretch a line from one point on the screen to another, horizontal, vertical, or diagonal, and be able to adjust its thickness, color, etc... Can this be rectified?

Comment

True...you can't make a diagonal line with BV, as far as I know. However, you can make a vertical line , as long and as thick or thin as you desire. It also can easily be colored just by selecting the desired color in "shape properties".

BV is a web builder; not a drawing package, so drawing functions are very limited!

Do you have a special kind of line requirement, so that a straight vertical line doesn't work for you?
                    Last edited by judavvforum; 02-11-2008, 08:52 PM. Reason: correct spelling

Comment

A vertical line can also be drawn using tables.

Comment

Working...
                      X