Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing website addresses...

Hi,

I have a website, created using BlueVoda, www.cushiecreations.com.

I created a sub-domain www.cushions.cushiecreations.com and used Soholaunch to build it as the shopping cart features better suit the product. This is the prefered website for our product.

Now, I'm after advice as to how best to re-direct www.cushiecreations.com to www.cushions.cushiecreations.com or simply still to have www.cushiecreations.com "look" like www.cushions.cushiecreations.com.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've got the following options:

1. Re-direct using cpanel
    2. Create a re-direct script in www.cushiecreations.com
    3. Install soholaunch on www.cushiecreations.com, but not sure how to then "copy" the contents of www.cushions.cushiecreations.com on to it.

I would like to know what would be cleanest. I found answers on the forum on 1 and 2, but not to sure about 3.

Should the above be in a support ticket?
    Regards,

Carlos
    VodaHost Id: 20852
    Domain Name: cushiecreations

Re: Changing website addresses...

hmmmm ... you can do redirect .. and right from the control panel ..

you could also copy all files to your computer and the databases too, clear out your public_html of these files after you have done so .. then reupload to the main and well this is a ton of work and things could go wrong too ..

You might, if it is not too much trouble, just rebuild the soho site on your main domain - get rid of the sub and be done with it .. I think that is what I would do if it were me ..

And another suggestion could be that you leave your website with blue voda and have the shopping link as a link from your site that goes to the subdomain for the shopping side of things ..

others will likely have some further suggestions as well ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
      hmmmm ... you can do redirect .. and right from the control panel ..

you could also copy all files to your computer and the databases too, clear out your public_html of these files after you have done so .. then reupload to the main and well this is a ton of work and things could go wrong too ..

You might, if it is not too much trouble, just rebuild the soho site on your main domain - get rid of the sub and be done with it .. I think that is what I would do if it were me ..

And another suggestion could be that you leave your website with blue voda and have the shopping link as a link from your site that goes to the subdomain for the shopping side of things ..

others will likely have some further suggestions as well ..
      Thank-you Lady-Eye, much appreciated.

I agree, I think the cleanest option would be to start afresh on the main domain - I'll give it a go. After all, it took me a day to build the site in soholaunch, whereas it took a bit longer in BlueVoda.

For the above to happen, I have to uninstall soho from the sub-domain and re-install on the main?
      Regards,

Carlos

Comment

yes, and I would also get rid of the pages that I built with blue voda ..

you can go into your file manager and delete all the .html pages and any .gif or .jpg images you uploaded ...

DO NOT DELETE PUBLIC_HTML folder or cgi bin or png fix - or any of that

just delete the pages that you know you published - you can view them in your file manager - and this is the safest area to delete these pages because it will store them into your trash can, LOL, and in case you mistakenly deleted something you didn't want to, you have a second chance ..

yes, this is what I would do too since you just built everything and do not have any page ranking or anything to worry about ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
          yes, and I would also get rid of the pages that I built with blue voda ..

you can go into your file manager and delete all the .html pages and any .gif or .jpg images you uploaded ...

DO NOT DELETE PUBLIC_HTML folder or cgi bin or png fix - or any of that

just delete the pages that you know you published - you can view them in your file manager - and this is the safest area to delete these pages because it will store them into your trash can, LOL, and in case you mistakenly deleted something you didn't want to, you have a second chance ..

yes, this is what I would do too since you just built everything and do not have any page ranking or anything to worry about ..
          Excellent...Now I can put the above to work. Your are a legend!
          Regards,

Carlos

Comment

Working...
          X