Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help regarding publishing my page

Hi,

(I am from denmark, so my english may not be a 100% accurat.)
    first I would like to say thank you, for such an easy-to-use webdevelop-program. I am about to make my first web-company using BlueVoda, and so far it is really looking like an expensive, professionel homepage! I would like it to go online the 1īst of April, and I even have the name for it. The only thing (at all!) that im not a 100% sure of is: when I have to publish my whole website, do I publish one page at a time, starting with the main- or index-page?
    And when publishing a site, if I want to publish my index-page and I want it to be named www.mycompany.com, do I then click the "publish"-button and type www.mycompany.htm or www.mycompany.com in the category "folder", or am I totally lost??
    And, is there no way at all, that I could have my domain to end with ".dk/"?

Best regards
    Rico Rosenkrans

Re: Help regarding publishing my page

Originally posted by RicoRos View Post
    Hi,

(I am from denmark, so my english may not be a 100% accurat.)
    first I would like to say thank you, for such an easy-to-use webdevelop-program. I am about to make my first web-company using BlueVoda, and so far it is really looking like an expensive, professionel homepage! I would like it to go online the 1īst of April, and I even have the name for it.

A: when you publish your site it is automatically online so if you want your site to be available as from 1st April you will need to waittill last day in march to publish it.

The only thing (at all!) that im not a 100% sure of is: when I have to publish my whole website, do I publish one page at a time, starting with the main- or index-page?

A:Yes you will need to publish each page one at a time and they may be done in any order.

And when publishing a site, if I want to publish my index-page and I want it to be named www.mycompany.com, do I then click the "publish"-button and type www.mycompany.htm or www.mycompany.com in the category "folder", or am I totally lost??

A:You would click publish and in the "FOLDER" section you should see
    "public_html". this is the folder to publish to.
    If you have an add-on domain, eg:rico.com and you want your page to be under that domain you would publish to "public_html/rico

And, is there no way at all, that I could have my domain to end with ".dk/"?

A:You can have a domain ending in .dk but you would need to redirect it to your voda site
    Hope this helps
    aussiebaz

Comment

Thanks a lot! That really helped.

I just have one more question, do you know any html-code that could redirect people from my ".dk"-site to my ".com"-site?
      Or is there a more simple way?
      (I am using Microsoft FrontPage for the ".dk"-site")

Best regards

Comment

Here are 2 scripts for redirecting:

A/ if you want to redirect people to another site as soon as they arrive at your url:
        Change the "window.location to whatever url
        you want to take them to,place script in body of page
        ===================================
        <script type="text/javascript">
        <!--
        window.location = "http://www.yourdomain.com/"
        //-->
        </script>
        ===============================
        B/ This script will have a time delay before
        taking your viewer to your selected page
        change the URL to the url that you want them to go to
        =========================
        <html>
        <head>
        <script type="text/javascript">
        <!--
        function delayer(){
        window.location = "URL"
        }
        //-->
        </script>
        </head>
        <body onLoad="setTimeout('delayer()', 5000)">
        <h2 >Prepare to be redirected!</h2>
        <p>This page is a time delay redirect, please update your bookmarks to our new
        location!</p>
        </body>
        </html>
        ==================================

or alternatively
        you could just set up a hyperlink stating:
        Please Click here to be taken to out new Site and
        make the Click Here a link to your new page

Comment

Thanks!
          Now I am all set to go... Canīt wait!