Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking

www.justtoolsinc.com

I am stumped!!! I have linked most of my pages in "handtools" the drop down menu's for "wrenches" and "screwdrivers" with no problems. Now, my drop down menu for "pliers" I can't seem to link the pages. I get the 404 error. All the spelling and everything looks correct--but don't know what is wrong. I am using the .php extension because I have created a single menu as per Naval Designs link and it works just great. I'm sure it's something I am just overlooking, but any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Lisa

Re: Linking

Originally posted by JustToolsInc View Post
    www.justtoolsinc.com

I am stumped!!! I have linked most of my pages in "handtools" the drop down menu's for "wrenches" and "screwdrivers" with no problems. Now, my drop down menu for "pliers" I can't seem to link the pages. I get the 404 error. All the spelling and everything looks correct--but don't know what is wrong. I am using the .php extension because I have created a single menu as per Naval Designs link and it works just great. I'm sure it's something I am just overlooking, but any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Lisa
    Hi,
    Your pages are not published as php. They are still html. Fix that and you should be okay. Make sure you select php in the page properties file extension drop down. Also change all your links to include the php and not html. Once re-published your pages, you can delete the html files in the control panel. Only delete the pages that you have put there and not any system files.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Please ignore my previous post above. You have indeed published your php pages, but you are still opening with the index.html and not index.php. See my answer in your other thread. Here is proof that your php is working perfectly. http://www.justtoolsinc.com/handtools.php Open this and then click the sub-menus and you will see.

Just delete the html files on the server using the control panel or FTP manager.
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

Hi again,
        I see you are watching the Blue FTP tutorial and you would like to know how to delete those html files, right? Here is another helping hand. Click here.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

Tom,

Thanks so much for your help. It worked. I'm getting smarter everyday.

Lisa
          Justtoolsinc.ocm

Comment

Looking good. Maybe just change your navigation menu mouse over image as the one you currently use, flows into the text making it almost unreadable.
            Bless you
            Tom

Comment

Working...
            X