email link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• email link

In my site www.anvildancer.com, I have a contact page in which I have listed my email address. I am not really hyperlinking it but I want people to be able to click on it and bring up an email window with the address in it. I have not found this in any of the tutorials. I think I get the hyperlinking thing. Thanks so much.

Re: email link

think you have enough room to just create a quick contact form at the bottom of your contact page without the need for the extra click, just a thought

Comment

If you just want a clickable email address then use mailto as the link type. The target of the link will be your email address. This opens up the default email program on the users computer and starts a new message with your email address already filled in as the recipient. you can also get really fancy an auto populate a subject. If you want more information on the specifics do a web search on mailto.
      Mattski

http://www.ScorpioFire.com

Comment

The only thing with making your email clickable is if the user does not have a default email program assigned to their computer - then the email does not click - another thing about making your email clickable on your website is you have opened the door for all the spam crawlers to harvest your email address and add you to their mailing lists for who knows who all.

If you do use a clickable email address, I would suggest encrypting your email at www.dynamicdrive.com - the instructions are pretty easy - the only thing you might need to do is to know how to apply the code on your page - you do this by choosing to insert - advanced - html - you then place this code in the grey box. This will then be clickable, protect your address from spammers. However, you should still, as well, have your email typed on the page, just as you have it, without being clickable, for those users that do not have a default program - they can just then instead, copy and paste into their preferred email program.

As well, the use of a contact form is highly recommended.

P.S. I have moved your thread to the email area of the forum.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks you all. All seem viable and good suggestions. I like the idea of keeping the address as is and adding a contact form as strongly suggested. Not sure how to do it, but I am going to try to figure it out.

Comment

Hi,
            I have been trying to create a contact form following the tutorial. When I go to make a thank you page and click on Page HTML for the php code...I can't find the (mail to) part of the code they are talking about to copy and paste. I hope this makes sense to somebody.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Hybridizer

Comment

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack Anvildancers post here. I will post in a new thread :)

Hybridizer

Comment

Great advice Ladyeye non the encrypting as I had a clickable e-mail and got 100s and 100s of junk mail

Comment

Working...
                X