upload via I.E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upload via I.E

hi guys im having trouble uploading my website (allthough i can get into my c/panel). ive tried ftp navigator and flashfxp but both say connection lost straight away. is there a way i can upload via internet explorer. Any suggestions is appreciated cos this is quite urgent.

thanks johnny (dgzfrga)

Re: upload via I.E

You can upload a few files at a time through CPanel but while you are there you should check out your FTP Manager to make sure you aren't preventing yourself from having regular FTP access.
    Mattski

http://www.ScorpioFire.com

Comment

Yes you can use IE for a FTP, although it may require you to change some settings

Also try filezilla, its free and a good ftp program

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

i tried filezilla it said can not connrct to server so, can you tell me how to upload via IE
        thanks
        johnny

Comment

Heres a guide to using IE's FTP

Chances are if no other ftp program will work IE won't either.

Is it giving you a message in the FTP log saying "Connected" and then "Disconnected"? Or just "Connected" and then something like "Awaiting validation".

Basically when using a ftp it will connect to the server, wait and see if the username and password you entered is correct. If it isn't it will retry a couple times and then stop, and disconnect. Is this what is happening?

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

it says connected then straight away it says disconnected

Comment

and yes to your last statement

Comment

Originally posted by jabie5 View Post
                and yes to your last statement
                Are you referring to this statement

Originally posted by watdaflip
                Basically when using a ftp it will connect to the server, wait and see if the username and password you entered is correct. If it isn't it will retry a couple times and then stop, and disconnect. Is this what is happening?
                If so the problem isn't your program or that connection is being blocked it is that you are entering the wrong username or password

Register/Login Script

Comment

Working...
                X