Word documents into PDF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word documents into PDF

Hi everyone it has been a while since I have been around. Hope everyone is well.
    I have a problem that is coming away from the website building a little.
    I do drafts for customers via windows for them to see photo's and font styles before doing the work on the candles. Problem is if a particular font is not supported on their system then they see it as plain text. Have not had a problem with it until recently and now I have got a few. I figured if I could send as PDF then this would fix the problem. Anyhow I found a free download under pdf4free and followed their instructions. When I attach the document it is showing as an xml file. Would xml have the same affect as pdf as far as text goes? I am just basically after something simple so customer can see writing style should it not be in their system. If anyone has any other (simple) suggestions please let me know. Or if you think that xml will be fine as far as just viewing a draft then that would be great.
    Thanks heaps
    Leanne

Re: Word documents into PDF

Hi, only as an idea! But you have the convert text into a gif in BV.
    highlight your text & right click, select properties & check the publish as a gif image. You can aways have this as a pop up on the page if you wasn't sure on mixing text & text image.
    Only an idea.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
      Hi, only as an idea! But you have the convert text into a gif in BV.
      highlight your text & right click, select properties & check the publish as a gif image. You can aways have this as a pop up on the page if you wasn't sure on mixing text & text image.
      Only an idea.

Good luck.
      Sorry Chris call me stupid but I don't understand what you are saying :(
      I don't want to do anything to my site I just want to send a document to customer via email so they can view draft but want them to see the writing as it should be not plain text. Sorry if I am confusing issues even more.
      I know how to get by on the web building but certainly not very cluey when speaking about gif etc. I really have no idea really how to fix the problem so customers can see it how I see it (if they don't have that specific font on their system). I am actually referring to the document that I email to them. Sorry for being awkward.

Comment

If you want to save your document as a PDF file
        then this is the program I would suggest you use
        Software995: Professional Quality Software Free

very simple and free

Comment

the other option is to go to google and look
          up the font style you want to send them
          and include a note saying
          "if your computer does not support this text
          it can be downloaded from............................

and give them the download link you find at google

hope this is clear
          aussiebaz

Comment

If you need to convert a Word document into a PDF, you can download a Free conversion software tool here. Follow the directions included (basicially "Print" your Word document by first selecting "pdf995" rather than your default printer in the dialog box).

To link the PDF document to your website (to be viewed, printed, or downlaoded/saved by visitors freely), simply upload via FTP your newly created PDF file to the public_html/ directory along with all of your other web pages ...... after "copying" the file in your computer's My Documents with a different name, such as "newfilenamehere.pdf"

The link you will use to show this file in the browser rather than a traditional web page will look like "www. YourDomainName.com/newfile.pdf"
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by aussiebaz View Post
              If you want to save your document as a PDF file
              then this is the program I would suggest you use
              Software995: Professional Quality Software Free

very simple and free
              Thank you so much, I have been trying to work this one out all day how to convert to pdf.
              Just downloaded it and you are right its easy! This will truly make my life so much easier now. Thank you so much again, I am so pleased that I have got rid of this headache.

Comment

Hi, what i was thinking was to just add a page via a pop up so they can see your text sample straight away. So the page might be like this.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                X