Link a file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link a file

Hi - I'm trying to link a word document to some text on my website www.frequentfinance.co.uk but I'm not quite understanding how to do it. I have linked all my pages successfully but just can't link to files. Sorry if I'm missing the obvious. Can anyone help?

Thanks - Mark

Re: Link a file

Hi Mark .. nice looking site you have there .. I noticed a link broken from this page http://www.frequentfinance.co.uk/app...gage_form.html - it is the link for agents.

I suggest perhaps you convert this word document into a pdf document - this is good for a few reasons 1) it protects against anyone making any changes to your word document and 2) everyone has or should have the adobe reader for viewing these documents, whereas everyone does not have microsoft word or equivalent on their computer to be able to read your document.

With that being said, if you do not have a pdf converter you can find a free one here .. www.primopdf.com

Once converted, you can go into your file manager, public_html directory (if this is your main domain, if not, go into the directory for this domain) and upload this adobe pdf document. This document will now be in your directory ready for linking. (Documents of this type cannot be published as your .bvp pages can, they instead must be uploaded - either through your control panel or your ftp manager, either way will do the trick)

You will notice it has a name - this will be needed to complete the link to take you to this document ...
    So have a look when this document uploads - what is it's name.

If it's name is financeresults.pdf - then you link to this as

3.99% Fixed For Life Equity Release From Homestead Equity-Direct Lender With No Fees in 2024. Free valuation, easy application and not available through brokers.

Basically, whatever the name of the document is that you want linked followed by it's extension - in this case it is a pdf so the extension is .pdf

- If you did choose to leave it as a word document - the link would be
    3.99% Fixed For Life Equity Release From Homestead Equity-Direct Lender With No Fees in 2024. Free valuation, easy application and not available through brokers.

Linking -

DOMAIN + NAME OF DOCUMENT + DOCUMENT FILE TYPE = URL TO LINK OR POST TO

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you very much. I will do as you suggested. I do have another question if you would so kind to answer. I've published my site and all is working - thank you - the only thing is it does not centre in the browser. I have checked the pages in BlueVoda and in the page properties box my box is "ticked" next to "centre in browser" yet all pages appear on the left of the browser. Any advice would be much appreciated. Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,
        Yes. nice looking site and I like the site name,lol.
        Three things I can think of for the pages being left.
        1. Are your page margins set correctly? Drag or set the one on the right in the ruler not to be wider than the white part of your page.
        2. In BV the page is left aligned. You must design your page starting on the left margin in BV and not going further than the right page margin set on the ruler.
        3. If these were not the problem, In BV, press Ctrl+A to select everything on the page. Then look to the right, in the black part, if there are perhaps any object selected as well. If there are, click on an open space to de-select. Then select that unwanted object and delete it.

Hopefully it will help as it did for others in the past.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

You're a star. I had the page width set wrong - Doh!

thanks - mark

Comment

Working...
          X