My Computer Crashed I Lost Everything :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Computer Crashed I Lost Everything :(

Hello folks, a few weeks back I had a power surge (lightning) that caused my computer to crash and my boot function kept failing. I was forced to take my computer back to it's factory settings and I lost everything :(

Unfortunately I did not back up any of my Blue Voda files or even my Blue Voda website builder :(

1. How do I go about getting my Blue Voda website builder software and the templates I had back?

2. What do I do about the files that were saved as pages for my site? All of my images and videos etc? I know that Blue Voda saves a copy of every one, but what would be the easiest way to put them back on my computer so that I could edit them and use them like before.

Thanks in advance,

David.

Re: My Computer Crashed I Lost Everything :(

Hello David,
    If you check in the computor forum there are some good explanations on how to retrieve your pages and files,I had the same problem a while ago.
    This is what I was told to do:
    Download the BV software again and when the software is installed you can set about getting your site back.
    On the File menu > Open new page from existing HTML page,this opens a window that gives you the option of retrieving from the remote server as all of your files are still there.I found the easiest way of doing this was to log on to the site and copy and paste the url that was to be recovered.
    This will give you the page back and you can then add back any flash or pictures that you need.

Any pics videos etc can be recovered by going into FTP Manager and copying your files back to your hard drive.

This worked for me,it took a liitle while but my site is more or less OK now.
    Hope this helps a little.
    Ann

Comment

Re: My Computer Crashed I Lost Everything :(

Thanx! It seems there are tons of these type threads in the computer forum and I didn't even think to check there....doh :/

I'll try your suggestion and hopefully get it straightened out :)

Thanks again,

David.

Comment

Working...
      X