Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation bars

Hi

Sorry, another web-builder with no clue about what I'm doing.
    I haven't published my site (samhill.biz) yet because I've not got any pages linked together.
    I currently have two navigation bars of 5 buttons on each page. My question is, is it possible to turn two of the buttons into drop-down menus? I have seen such things on other sites, but wondered if BV was able to do this? If yes... what do I do?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Navigation bars

If you are using the Navigation Bar tool, which involves the buttons, I do not believe it is possible to have a drop down menu with the plain features they offer. I think you would need to enter in HTML code for it to activate.

You could simply look online for the code of "Image Link Drop Down Menu HTML", and you should return some helpful results.

I hope that helped.

You can also use the Menu Bar tool, which creates it with text links, and not image buttons. Then, it comes with a drop down menu built in. Just add a link under the category, and just keep building below that.

If you need any help, just ask

Comment

Hi Whistle,
      As websitenoob has said there is a drop down menu in your bv toolbar (on the left - should be 4th from bottom - named 'menubar'. Some users have reported difficulties with display in some browsers so you might want to do a forum search to familarize yourself with its capabilities and shortcomings.
      Good luck...
      Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Thank you for your replies.

I had a feeling BV wouldn't let me combine a drop-down menu into a navigation bar. However, I know it is possible because I've seen them on other sites.

Thank you websitenoob, I did as you suggested and searched "image link drop-down menus" online. Some useful sites were found, but unfortunately, as soon as they say "add html text to your page head", I get totally confused. What and where is my page head? How do I find it? How do I put the text there and where do I see the "text" as an image? How do I get this image in the place I want it on the webpage? Or is doing this too difficult for my poor brain to contemplate and I should stick to something simplier?

Sorry, real basic noobie stuff, but this is all a bit of a foreign language to me still.

Comment

you can add html in 2 ways with BV.
          1. there is an html box tool on the left side of your tool menu bar - should be the first one. you click on that, add your html code they give you and place the box where ever you want the image to be on your page. you can preview the results and tweak the position and size this way. you just save your page and publish it when you are done.
          2. if you right click the background of your page you will see page html. a box will come up and this is the code of html that BV generated for you. you can place the html in any one of the places in this box. for instance if you want it at the beginning, click at the beginning tab and paste your text in the lower box and click ok. once done again save your page and publish. hope this helps
          mrmagoo144
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thank you MrMagoo. Your post was very helpful and made a lot of sense. I don't have the tools or the right program or the know-how or something unfortunately, to get anything to work. I'll just have to go for a simpler solution. It's certainly not ideal but the best I can do for now.

Thank you again for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X