CubeCart Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CubeCart Download

Using CubeCart, I am setting up my entire website. I have a very good idea on how it will work, but just have one question.

In the CubeCart Administration panel, when adding a new product, it gives you the option to make the product digital. If it is, you need to either add:

-or-
    /usr/local/vhosts/www.domain.com/downloads/download.exe

This is the message:

Digital Info: HTTP Path: http://www.domain.com/downloads/download.exe
    Server Root Path: /usr/local/vhosts/www.domain.com/downloads/download.exe (Recommended!)
    The advantage of using the server root path is that files can be stored elsewhere than the publicly accessible folder. If this method is chosen CubeCart will automatically create a download link which has an expiry time and max amount of downloads which is configured in the store settings.

Can anyone please translate that into words I can understand? What do I need to do to allow my clients to download the files the pay for?

Thanks!

Re: CubeCart Download

CUBE (and every other 'cart' foundation) handles "downloadable" items differently than (physical) items to be "sent"/"shipped" and you need to "set permissions" to allow your CART to distribute a 'non-inventoried' item by itself.....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I hate to sound like a ... well, like a 'noob'! But, I honestly, have no clue what you are talking about.

Are there any tutorials on how to do this?

Thank you so much for your help!

Comment

Find Cube Cart Tutorials Here and maybe some More Useful Resources Here
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
          Awesome! Great. Thank you so much!

Comment

Working...