• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPanel/File Manager - unresponsive script

Main domain: www.thegoofygiftshop.com
    add-on: www.rhsclassof1965.com

When I go to CPanel and then File Manager I get a message:
    "Warning: Unresponsive Script
    A Script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete."
    and there are two boxes with "Stop Script" and "Continue"

Whichever one I check I will get the same message in a few moments.
    Is this something I am doing wrong or perhaps my computer is doing?

Thanks
    Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
    Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
    Milam County Historical Commission

Re: CPanel/File Manager - unresponsive script

Well, I think I solved my problem. I wondered why the tutorials screens didn't match my screen. I was going into File Manager. So I went into Legacy File Manager and that screen looks like the ones in the tutorials. So I got my cleaning up done. I also assumed that I didn't have the latest version of BV Website Builder so I uninstalled, downloaded, and installed 9.2.2 but still shows 9.1.0 . Oh well, it works.
    Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

Re: CPanel/File Manager - unresponsive script

I have continued to have this problem using Legacy File Manager.
      If I open Legacy File Manager, and try to do anything - such as delete or rename a file - I get the "Warning: Unresponsive Script..." message. Then whichever button I click on the results are the same" about a 30 second blank screen.
      So I noticed in another thread people complaining about this Script error and they were advised to submit a ticket. So I submitted a ticket yesterday.
      I have been advised by Support: "This is because you have so many files in the public_html folder, this is not a problem with the account."

So this prompted my question: "How do you avoid having a lot of files in the public_html folder? The vast majority are the bv butttons for navigation."
      This was not meant as a smart-a** question. I guess I should have said "...and still have several pages on your site".
      I received this response: "don't upload any files and you will have less files."
      DUH!
      So then I asked: "Is this a joke? How can you have a web site if you don't have files? Am I missing something here?"
      And I received this reply: "its not a joke, but your question was really dumb..have a GOOD read of what you wrote..."

Let me recap: Legacy File Manager 'script' is extremely slow because I have a lot of files in my public_html.
      I have only uploaded about 3 files (a pdf and 2 sound files). Everything else has been published via BV.
      So to speed up Legacy File Manager, I should delete files and not publish any more. But it seems like the files I have are actually the web pages and images, nav buttons, etc on them. So if I only have one page, File Manger will speed up! Of course, with only one page I probably don't need File Manager.

What am I missing here? Obviously I am lost.
      Thanks
      Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

Working...
      X