Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creating a website in 3 different languages

hello everyone,

i am trying to build a website for a construction firm and they asked me to build it in 3 languages (romanian-my native language, english and german). I bought a hosting plan and a domain name with a hosting company from my country and then proceeded to creating the website. I already created it in the romanian language (with Soholaunch Pro Edition) but now i don't know how to do it in english and german. What I would like to know from you guys is whether bluevoda allows me to create a website in more than 1 language without having to buy more domain names (in other words, accessing the same website for different languages but within the same browser tab). And if so, is there any way that I can keep the hosting package I already bought with that company from my country or I should buy a hosting plan with Vodahost?
    Please help me with whichever info you can as I am a total stranger to hosting, domains, website building a.s.o
    The bad thing as well is that these things don't even appeal to me :(

thank you

Re: creating a website in 3 different languages

A yes & no situation! Yes you can have as many sites as you wish, & in as many languages that you may want, using BV. But no, on using more than 1 soho per VH account. You can purchase more soho accounts. But you may as well just get a whole new package for each language. Even though you have soho on your site, you can build other sites on the same account with no extra cost using BV, if this is of use.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

hi,

thanks for help Chris. I knew that I must buy a new soho license for each installation but I forgot to say in my post that I am willing to totally quit using soho for BV

But let me see if I understood correctly: Bluevoda is a website builder, just like Soholaunch is, or?

If yes, than I know what to do: uninstall the soho from my hosting account and publish the website created with BV.
      My problem then would be knowing how to link those 3 different version of the same website to each other so that they can be opened within the same browser when someone chooses each of the languages :(
      Can you give me a tip on how to do this? Or a link to where it is explained? Anything. You don't have to go into detail because I am willing to learn for myself :)

Thanks!

Comment

Hi, yes you can remove soho & use BV & have 3 (Sort of) sites with 3 languages. It will end up as the public_html directory for the Romanian site & 2 other directories for the other languages. So your links for each home page for each area will look like.
        http://www.mysite.com This will be for your Romanian site if you feel it’s the main one.

1st thing you need top do is set up 2 extra folders on your server called german & english. Now do the same on your home computer. This is to save any files getting mixed up that may have the same name for each language. IE: index.

2nd part is to make your pages up for the Romanian site. When making these, allow a little extra room for language variations. IE: there maybe more text in German than in English or Romanian. This will save the pages jumping about when you go from one to the other & text overlapping images.
        If you want to test this part of the site you can publish it. But you will have to publish again for the linking of the next part.

3rd Is where you want to copy the pages you have done for the 1st site into the folders of the 2nd & 3rd sites/areas. Then just delete the text on the pages & replace with the appropriate languages text.

4th Is where it might drive you mad! Lol. On each of the above pages, place a small flag for each country (x3) about 40x25px. Each one of these flags will have a link to the corresponding page in the another language. It will take a lot more linking! But its better to link to the same page for one language to the other, than taking the short route & just linking to the home page in each language.
        So if you are in the English area of your site on the “About us page” your links to the other areas from the flag would be:

Couple of tips!
        Try & make a template page that would be universal for the whole site & when happy lock it off. Now use this for all pages.

If you aren’t sure? Remember you will be publishing you pages to:…..

Public_html for your Rumanian site.
        Public_html/german/ for your German site
        Public_html/english/ for your English site

Might be worth finding out with another post on which language is the best to put under the main home page. Not sure if there is any advantages to being in one or the other languages.

Remember that you will have 3 index pages (one for each) When you publish the apropreate index page to the correct directory, the link to the languages home page will be:….. http://www.mysite.com/german/ & not http://www.mysite.com/german/index.html

Post back if you get lost. Need a drink. lol.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

hi,

Man! you're great! :)
          I can't say more right now as it is 3,30 in the morning and i can barely see the keys on my keyboard. Besides, it will take some time to start creating the website as there are other things more important for me to do at the moment. But I promise that I will get back with a reply as soon as I get things done.

Anyway, from what I have just read it seems nearly impossible to get lost :).
          I love when something is explained so systematic and to-the-point.

OK! I go to sleep cause I can't hold it anymore and as I promised, I will get back here on the forum should I have problems or should I make the website I'm looking for. Whichever comes first :)

Good night everyone!
          Thanks for your exact support Chris!

Comment

No problem! Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

about hosting

hi again,

i was watching the BV tutorials and something important drew my attention: am i only allowed to publish the website on a Vodahost account, not on other companies' hosting accounts too?
              anyone knows this?

thanks!

Comment

VH only! wont work on others.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                X