Hello from a newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a newbie

Hello everyone, just popping in to introduce myself. I am a retired high school dance teacher and have been tinkering building websites for a couple of my businesses off and on the last few years. I meant to use abutterplace as my username, but typed it incorrectly when I signed up. Good thing I didn't teach keyboarding, eh?

Spending the last few weeks lurking and learning here, and also building some pages in my downloaded BlueVoda version, I almost feel ready to launch and really get going. I do have a few questions before doing so. I'll pop over to the other areas and ask away. Just wanting to say hello!

Re: Hello from a newbie

Hello butter,

Interested in seeing your forthcoming website as I'm guessing there is a connection to your intended name.
    If you really want your name the intended way it's my understanding you can simply 'abandon' the forum account you've opened and open a new one. Might be a good idea to do it before you even get started. You could put in a support ticket to verify.

At any rate, welcome and good luck to you.....
    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Welcome and don't feel bad I have to watch what I type.
      Enjoy and have fun!
      Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Howdy abutterplace...

I certainly can't talk about anyone's typing. My typing teacher told me I was the worst typist she ever met.

Well, I would love to see your site.

Have fun and take care. Tina

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Sedona, I am your neighbor down the highway in Glendale, but I grew up in Flagstaff and spent most of my youthful free time in Oak Creek Canyon and Sedona...very good times. I love aromatherapy and am a maker of bath, body, spa goodies...even dabble in candles when I'm not 'brewin up body butter!

Comment

Hello again, Butter....

Originally posted by aabutterplace View Post
            Sedona, I am your neighbor down the highway in Glendale, but I grew up in Flagstaff and spent most of my youthful free time in Oak Creek Canyon and Sedona...very good times. I love aromatherapy and am a maker of bath, body, spa goodies...even dabble in candles when I'm not 'brewin up body butter!

Too cool! I knew I felt an affinity:)
            Yeah, not a bad area to live in - I've been here 30 years. We own several Sedona domains and our 'parent' company is Oak Creek Enterprises (.com)

Also very cool! We are expanding into candles, soap, natural sponges and stuff. The business is only 5 months old and we have been very busy with brick and mortar stuff but the online store will be open very soon. Maybe we might find some way to work together when you're up and running.
            Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Hello again, Butter....

Too cool! I knew I felt an affinity:)
              Yeah, not a bad area to live in - I've been here 30 years. We own several Sedona domains and our 'parent' company is Oak Creek Enterprises (.com)

Also very cool! We are expanding into candles, soap, natural sponges and stuff. The business is only 5 months old and we have been very busy with brick and mortar stuff but the online store will be open very soon. Maybe we might find some way to work together when you're up and running.

If you're ever coming up this way let us know!
              (Btw, no matter what your user name turns out to be I'm calling you Butter unless you tell me not to....

Again, welcome....
              Ken

Comment

whoops.... sorry everyone...
                Ken

Comment

Welcome to the board!

People who make mistakes (or typos) are what makes this world a butter place. hee hee
                  Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Comment

yeah, I make the world a butter place :)

Comment

Sedona, that would be great! I notice no talking business here...may I contact you through your website?

Which brings up this question...is there a PM system on this board?

Comment

No the PM system is disabled.
                        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Sedona, that would be great! I notice no talking business here...may I contact you through your website?
                          You bet
                          Ken

Comment

Working...
                          X