Process to Publish Rebuilt Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Process to Publish Rebuilt Pages

I'm planning to publish my rebuilt pages and would like to clean-up File Manager immediately beforehand. Just need a brain check to make sure I'm on the right track. The rebuild consists of formatting changes; the page names will be the same.

My plan is to delete the great many .gif and .jpg files as well as the Theme folders from my public_html folder. The new pages won't utilize them. But, even if they did, the necessary files would just reload when I publish the pages, right?

Sounds too simple and straight-forward and that has me worried! lol I don't want to create any problems. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

Also, if there are any do's and don't's that I should be aware of, kindly let me know.

Thanks!
    Steve
    www.irstnorcal.com

Re: Process to Publish Rebuilt Pages

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
    I'm planning to publish my rebuilt pages and would like to clean-up File Manager immediately beforehand. Just need a brain check to make sure I'm on the right track. The rebuild consists of formatting changes; the page names will be the same.

My plan is to delete the great many .gif and .jpg files as well as the Theme folders from my public_html folder. The new pages won't utilize them. But, even if they did, the necessary files would just reload when I publish the pages, right?

Sounds too simple and straight-forward and that has me worried! lol I don't want to create any problems. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

Also, if there are any do's and don't's that I should be aware of, kindly let me know.

Thanks!
    Steve
    www.irstnorcal.com
    Hi Steve,

Yes any existing files that are utilized in the rebuild will be called upon again - any new ones will be created and stored when you upload (republish).

If you want to delete unused and unnecessary files - log into c-panel>open File Manager> go into public_html where you will see your files on your left. Highlighting a file will make it appear up on the right where you may edit it (including delete). Deleting a file will put it in the trash bin where it will stay and may be restored from until you permanently toss the trash.

Hope this helps....
    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Hi Stevo... Here's a past thread on this subject... Hope it helps.. Doug

Comment

Got it!

Thanks much for your responses. To expedite the cleanup, I'll use Blue FTP, while fully aware that files will be deleted from server.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X