Real quick parking question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real quick parking question?

I recently bought a domain name but am not on any plan (i don't pay a monthly fee to have it hosted as the site has not even been created yet). I typed in my url and my url is up with some sort of advertisement on it. Is this parking Voda Host has done for me automatically? Like no one can take the url from me right? I want to take my time making this site so i don't want to put anything up
    http://www.learnflashfromhome.com - Short Flash courses with online help - learn flash

Re: Real quick parking question?

Originally posted by Aki View Post
    I recently bought a domain name but am not on any plan (i don't pay a monthly fee to have it hosted as the site has not even been created yet). I typed in my url and my url is up with some sort of advertisement on it. Is this parking Voda Host has done for me automatically? Like no one can take the url from me right? I want to take my time making this site so i don't want to put anything up
    Yes, that would be free parking .. and will stay there until you remove this site from parking, change the name servers and add it as an add on domain in your voda hosting account ..

You might consider doing this now and simply publishing a page with your domain name on it saying "Coming Soon" ..

It's up to you ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Sweet, free parking. :D Thanks LadyEye ^ ^ I'll put a "coming soon" uo when it's actually coming soon, lol. Don't want to be paying for site hosting which won't see (well shouldn't anyway) the net for many months to come
      http://www.learnflashfromhome.com - Short Flash courses with online help - learn flash

Comment

Sweet, free parking. :D Thanks LadyEye ^ ^ I'll put a "coming soon" uo when it's actually coming soon, lol. Don't want to be paying for site hosting which won't see (well shouldn't anyway) the net for many months to come

Great!! But if this is an add on to your voda hosting account you won't incur any further expense .. your voda hosting account allows for as many add on domains as you like, and your hosting account expires annually (or whichever length of time you purchased it) so adding on this domain now, or leaving it parked will not cost you anything further, just fyi.

Your domain is also on a year contract, (unless you signed up for longer than a year) so again, will expire the date you puchased your domain, doesn't have anything to do with the date you opted in for hosting ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ohhh that's really good. Well it is under the same account so i can do it ^ ^ Umm so i just simply publish a coming soon page or do i need to do something first?

Comment

Ohhh that's really good. Well it is under the same account so i can do it ^ ^ Umm so i just simply publish a coming soon page or do i need to do something first?

Yes .. you will need to do a few things:

1. Log into your vbs, this link is found in your domain purchase confirmation email .. Log in there with your email address and password and be sure that this new domain is pointed to voda host servers. Those voda host servers are found in your initial email from support that lists your username, control panel, ftp access, all of that, the big long email .. you will notice two name servers .. so be sure this domain is set to your voda host servers ..

2. Then log into your control panel and remove this domain from parking, if it is parked in there - you will see an icon, check and see if it is listed, if it is, remove it, if it is not, don't do anything.

3. Then choose the ADDON domain icon and add on this domain.

4. Once this domain is added on, you will prepare on your own computer, a file folder inside of MYDOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA called the name of your 2nd domain.

5. You will then open up your blue voda website builder and create an index page saying Coming soon, and save this page as index in this new folder you created for your new domain in MYDOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA

6. Then the only thing that will be different for you is where you will publish to. You now publish to public_html for your main domain - but with this add on domain you will publish to public_html/nameofaddondomain

You will have to type this nameofaddondomain after public_html/ when you publish to this add on and you will remove that when you go back and publish to your main domain.

Again - be sure to publish a page as index, this will bring your domain live, this is where you can put "Coming Soon" ..

Any problems, post back ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

hmm having some trouble with the whole addon thing. i followed the steps but i must have made a mistake somewhere... the new folder i make which has my new domains name shoiuld it just have the name or be called www.newdomainname?

Also when filling out the form for "Subdomain/Ftp Username:" i wasn't sure what i was meant to put there...guess this didn't turn out to be a quick parking question after all haha ^ ^ I'll wait for your repley

Comment

hmm having some trouble with the whole addon thing. i followed the steps but i must have made a mistake somewhere... the new folder i make which has my new domains name shoiuld it just have the name or be called www.newdomainname?

Also when filling out the form for "Subdomain/Ftp Username:" i wasn't sure what i was meant to put there...guess this didn't turn out to be a quick parking question after all haha ^ ^ I'll wait for your repley
                You might have to undo anything you did, check the add on domain icon in your control panel and see if there is anything listed there. If not, you can go ahead and do the below, if the domain is listed in there, then you may have things done correctly.

ADD ON DOMAIN

1. type the name of the domain - you do not need the www. but you will need the .com, .net., .co.uk., .biz or whatever it's extension is ..

2. the sub-domain/Ftp username will fill in all by itself if you just click your cursor there .. as well as the next line (Document Root) will also fill in by itself ..

3. create a password .. and then click add ..

the folder automatically creates itself inside of the public_html directory ..

you will then publish an index page to public_html/nameofdomain.com (this will be the folder that is created when you add the add on domain)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

yep did it like you said but when i visit the site it's not there. Would the publishing IP maybe be different? The url is www.wiigangsters.com and still have the advertisement :( My cPanel says it's there but if u visit the url u will see it's not.

Comment

Hi ..

No your publishing ip will be the same for all domains within one voda hosting account ..

and you will publish to public_html/wiigangsters.com

I think you just forgot to do step 1 that I had listed.

Try doing this, it should get things rolling ..

1. Log into your vbs, this link is found in your domain purchase confirmation email .. Log in there with your email address and password and be sure that this new domain is pointed to voda host servers. Those voda host servers are found in your initial email from support that lists your username, control panel, ftp access, all of that, the big long email .. you will notice two name servers .. so be sure this domain is set to your voda host servers ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
                      Hi ..

No your publishing ip will be the same for all domains within one voda hosting account ..

and you will publish to public_html/wiigangsters.com

I think you just forgot to do step 1 that I had listed.

Try doing this, it should get things rolling ..

ahh ok. When i change the info for my dns servers after the .com do i put the number that follows? Sorry for repleying very late but i've been busy lately

Comment

I am so confused. I have read all of these posts and cannot seem to understanding how to do the parking a domain. I watch the tutorial. I need to park our website until I am finished. My sorority wants me to do that so that they can start advertising it. I need to do it before Saturday. Help! I am very visual and need step by step from the beginning instructions. I am new to websites development but know graphic arts so I am doing a professional website and have many questions. Parking the domain that we have is just the start although I have finished most of the pages.

Comment

Hi,

Another way is to allow your Domain to be live on the internet with an under construction sign.

Design and build an " index " page and place an under construction sign in it.

Then publish to your " public_html/ "

I have 3 domains which are dormant on the net with an under construction sign.

If I type in the url I can view my dormant sites. If you park your domain you can view it from your browser but only from your cPanel.

Here is a link to my dormant site...............
                          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                          X