Editing HTML on BV page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing HTML on BV page?

I was wondering if there is a way to edit, (as in delete or change), html codes in the BV HTML Generated, (gray), area? I know about adding code but haven't found a way to delete or change existing codes>

Thank you.

WOW....I think my brain is in "information overload" today! I can't even use common sense today!
    I did search now and found some answers!!
    Last edited by judavvforum; 02-22-2008, 08:36 PM. Reason: UNnecessary question!

Re: Editing HTML on BV page?

Dave

By html generated grey area, I assume you mean the html box that you insert to put code in the body of your bv page? or are you talking about the PAGE html?

If its the first, simply double click on it to open it and edit the code you applied there, save and republish.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for responding, Karen; but I was talking about (page/html). In other words, the html that's generated as you build the page with BV.

However, as I noted in my "edit" above the thought cam to me, "hey dummy, why don't you do a search before posting a question?" So, I did and I did find some discussing on that subject!

I must admit, tho' I thought it would be a little simpler to do than the disscussion indicated!
      Thanks again, Karen.

Comment

i'm not sure what thread you read, but it really is not that difficult to implement html into bv pages.
        the first thing i do is clone the page and now you can either use the clone page or the actual page.
        go to page, right click and click on page html.
        a box appears if you click inside the box and use control/A combination all the html in the box is highlighted.
        then use control/C combination and all the html is now copied.
        it is important that you delete the html that is in the box.
        open notepad - you will find this in accessories and paste the html code on the open page.
        make your changes and copy the new page, then paste back into box.
        click ok, save and publish new page
        hope this helps
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks mrmagoo144. I certainly will try that! It makes perfect sense now that I see the step by step instructions!

After republishing the changed page; will future changes using BV, allow me to republish without disturbing the changes I made with your proceedure?

Comment

ihave tried editing in notepad but I still cannot delete the html in the grey box after editing the code in notepad!!

HELP

Dan.

Comment

Mr Maggoo,

1. there are two boxes one above the other, the top one contains the html code.I have ckicked and copied to notpade edited notepad as per your ins. I cannot delete the old code in the top box so therefore when I publish i have two pages overlapped on my published site!!! please take a look for yourself

Dan. http://www.airurviews.com

Comment

dannlin

I had not yet tried mrmagoo144's suggestion, until your post, just now. You are right. That grey area is locked. I could not delete it, either!

I'm sorry that I don't have an answer for you, but wanted you to know that it's not something you are doing wrong!

Maybe someone (or mrmagoo144), will be able to shed some light on this!

Comment

The bottom box, (with the tabs), are for you to ADD code; and those codes can be changed or deleted. But the top part is generated by BV and doesn't seem to be able to be changed or deleted.

Comment

OK!! One last thought on this.....BUT, I must ask that you not blame me if things go wrong here!!

I just went into cPanel, then File manager. Opened the Public_html folder. Clicked on one of the pages. Then on the upper right side of the window, you'll see that page(file) with several options to choose. There's an "Edit" option and that opens the page's html.

I did not go further, but I'll bet you can edit & save the html for that page right there.

If you are not sure about what you are doing....I'd wait for some confirmation from some of the more knowledgeable one here!

However, if you do mess up something; seems to me that you could just republish that page and start your changes over!

Comment

Hi, you are quite correct in that the html can be changed here. Only downside to doing it here is remembering that if you publish a page it will overwrite this alteration & would have to come back & change this part again.

Out of curiosity? what are you trying to do or stop happening.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris,
                        I pasted some code for links to my site into the top box in bv and thats what seems to be the problem. If you go to http://www.airurviews.com you'll see the mess its made!!
                        Dan. ps. Dave not sure about going in through cpanel!! not confident yet!!

Comment

Hi, what is a BV top box? & what code did you enter for links. If you have entered some code for links & it has created a problem. Go back & remove it.
                          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

the web builder, click on the page and you get properties or html, open html and you get the box. its divided in two the top holds the html that the page has built and the bottom is empty. It was the top one I added the html for links into.

The whole problem is that I cannot remove it!!

Comment

Look at my site and you will see the problem!!

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X