Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newto web building

togetherandalways.info
    I have successfully published all my pages but not all of them have loaded,i am getting an error 404,i have gone back to my hyperlinks and they all seem to look correct,also i want to link a page forwards or backwards has anyone else had this problem.

Re: Newto web building

if you want to be able to link to all pages from each page you should use your navigation/menu bar on each page. You can just copy and paste the menu bar from your home page.OR you can put a sitemap on the bottom of the page using the text link on the left side of your tool bars. it will b blue letters and have a blue underscore. As for the bridesmaid and flower girls pages, they look ok, but recheck the link on your menu bar as well as make sure you published these 2 pages.
    beautiful products
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

How can you see my flowergirl and bridesmaid page

Comment

i cannot see those 2 pages. i assumed that you wanted us to see them. that is why i was telling you to check the links as the links look right, so if we cannot see the page that means either the link is done wrong or the name is incorrect. i thought that was one of the things you were looking for.
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Hi,
          You have a few problems in your links & names. For instance, Your second page for Tiaras is named correctly BUT in your link you are directing to .co.uk whereas the correct URL is .info
          Your URL in the Bridal Dresses for page 4 has a , instead of / in the URL. I tried correcting that in the address bar but it still didn't work. So I'd be looking at that from your end and pay close attention to your naming. It is a very common error that we all make but experience tells us to look at those things first when you get a 404 error. :)
          I'd also go through ALL the general text on your pages with fresh eyes as there are quite a few words separated by commas but no spaces.
          Go get 'em girl(s) :)

Comment

Hi
            I am still having problems with my bridesmaids pages,i did manage to correct them but they then opened in a new window,i deleted and published again but once again getting the 404 error,can you advice.

Comment

Did you fix it all because I found your whole site is working fine now.
              It's very a well presented site .... Congratulations.

Comment

Thanks
                It does look like it is working,if you click on bridesmaids when the site opens that page will open instantly,so for instance if you go to tiaras from bridesmaids and then to wed dresses and then back to bridesmaids you will then get the error 404 pqge,do you know what i have done wrong.

Comment

Ah yes, looks like it when you go from the Home Page but not from others.
                  The reason being is that the Bridesmaid Page is /bridesmaid.html and that is correct in your link from the Home page but from other pages you have it as /bridesmaid-dresses.html
                  As I said in previous post, when you get this sort of error, the first thing you look for is errors in your links or file names or file extensions.
                  Tip: If you right click on side of ANY web page appearing on your screen (from the web itself) yo can look at all the page INFO and also all the page code. Knowing that, you can check the links, file names etc. That's why it is important for people asking question on the Forum to include the URL(s) in their question.

Good Luck
                  Rick

Comment

I also noticed that you need to do some work on your keywords. I noticed you had wedding, dresses, repeated many times for some reason. The other thing is that your Wedding Dress page (like the other gallery style pages) does not contain any text other than priciing and stock number etc. From what I understand, to have keywords for a page, the actual word MUST also appear on the page. (and definitely not hidden by using black text on black background etc) Otherwise it scores against you in search engines.
                    Give some thought it and check similar sites. (Use right click method to check their keywords). Or maybe start a new thread to ask question in the Search Engine Forum.

Comment

Working...
                    X