Index of... screen shows up instead of index page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Index of... screen shows up instead of index page

Hello, since I have put my website up I have been recieving feedback from potential clients who are not part of my niche. So, I decided to add a home page as my new index page with options to click to each niche.

I deleted all the old files from my ftp because no matter how many times I republished the sites they would not change. I then re-uploaded the new pages.

I changed the old index page to a new page name and thought I would be done.

Unfortunately when I log into my website I get the Index of... list with the directory from my ftp manager.

what should I do?

alain

www.quantumprofits.net

Re: Index of... screen shows up instead of index page

Hi alze... In order not to see the same old pages clean your computer's cache or Refresh your browser... then republish Index as index... small i... I prefer to publish the index in the public_html/... where it ends up in the file manager..
    hope that helps... Doug

Comment

Hey that worked great. Now I cant seem to get the advanced button to link to the old index page. any suggestions???

Thanks.

alain

Comment

Hi alze.. Well in Properties of the Advanced Button.. button type ...on click
        On click Value... http://www. address/page.html ... that should get it done... Have Fun... Doug

Comment

Working...
        X