Thunderbird works at friends wifi network but not mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderbird works at friends wifi network but not mine

My domain name is skiesthelimit2008.com.

I set up a few e-mail accounts on the cpanel. Then I went to set up Thunderbird to retrieve these accounts and ran into problems. I did everything the vid tutorials say and watched them several times. I used mail.skiesthelimit2008.com for pop3 and smtp. But when I go to get my mail, it tells me :failure to connect to server mail.skiesthelimit2008.com". I went to a friends house and when I connected to her WiFi Thunderbird tried to connect again and IT WORKED!! Thunderbird prompted me for a password like it is supposed to and everything was fine. As soon as I got home, I got the same failure message. Can anyone tell me what Im supposed to do? Is there some port number I've missed? How do I fix this?

Re: Thunderbird works at friends wifi network but not mine

Is your friend on a diffrent ISP?

Sometime ISP's demand that you use their name in your SMTP settings.
    So instead of

Outgoing mail: mail.smithshoes.com

Your Outgoing SMTP will be : mail.ISPNAME.com

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Thunderbird works at friends wifi network but not mine

I am using Thunderbird and I have 3 email accounts on it. I have tried to add a new account and it will not allow me. Now the new emails are going to the local folder. Please help me as I want to have it in it's own folder.

Comment

Working...
      X