How do I publish my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I publish my site

It's been three days since I registered, I have tried publishing my site and a funky page comes up? Obviously not my page. Please forgive my silly questions, but I am really frustrated.

What are the steps I need to take? I have watched ALL the how to videos and still am LOST in space!

Thanks!

Kim

Re: How do I publish my site

Hi Kim,

If you have received all of your login info (username, password and server #) you should concentrate on publishing your index page first. This will assure you that you have the proper steps in order:

Build your page and save as index (all lower case - nothing else) within your bv folder. File names and titles are two different things. Maybe this page is titled 'welcome to domainname' but it's file name is still index.

Publish it.

It's really that simple. By entering your domain url into your browser it should be there.

Repeat these steps for your other pages (ie. aboutus, contact, etc).
    Until you link your pages you will only find aboutus (for instance) by typing in the complete url: http://www.domainname/aboutus.html . Do not worry about the .html when saving the page as bv will add it for you. You will need to enter it when linking to the page.

Good luck and post back if you have further questions....
    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Working...
    X