Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting up email in Vista's Windows mail

I am very new here(1st post) I lurk and learn mainly.My question is this:
    I've recieved my voda email setup instructions with my website info and unfortunately in the midst of publishing my 1st website my laptop broke in half(hinges busted)so I bought a new laptop.The revelance here is I would be trying to setup Outlook instead of Vistas new Windows mail.They both look oddly familiar in a sense but not having a tutorial for Windows Mail to actually follow has led to this posting(if there is one please post link).What my problem seems to be isnow that I've set up and enter all info,I'm sending email just fine but not recieving at all.I know this is probably something I'm simply doing wrong.I'm using the username and password that voda assigned.Checking off the appropo authentication boxes.Checking this and checking that and wasting alot of time now.Could someone please help me with this mundane task? I know it's elementary to most of you but remember I'm a layman (Sawyer actually)so please put it in layman's terms.If anything you need to know that I forgot to add please ask and I'll answer.Thanks in advance,I can only imagine the wealth of knowledge about to come my way...... Mark www.logstolumber.org
    "This is my fifteenthousandth time...and I still do not know what I am doing!"

Re: setting up email in Vista's Windows mail???

Originally posted by logstolumber View Post
    I am very new here(1st post) I lurk and learn mainly.My question is this:
    I've recieved my voda email setup instructions with my website info and unfortunately in the midst of publishing my 1st website my laptop broke in half(hinges busted)so I bought a new laptop.The revelance here is I would be trying to setup Outlook instead of Vistas new Windows mail.They both look oddly familiar in a sense but not having a tutorial for Windows Mail to actually follow has led to this posting(if there is one please post link).What my problem seems to be isnow that I've set up and enter all info,I'm sending email just fine but not recieving at all.I know this is probably something I'm simply doing wrong.I'm using the username and password that voda assigned.Checking off the appropo authentication boxes.Checking this and checking that and wasting alot of time now.Could someone please help me with this mundane task? I know it's elementary to most of you but remember I'm a layman (Sawyer actually)so please put it in layman's terms.If anything you need to know that I forgot to add please ask and I'll answer.Thanks in advance,I can only imagine the wealth of knowledge about to come my way...... Mark www.logstolumber.org
    I found my answers back a few posts ................i was actually inputting the wrong username and password for the email addy. duh!
    "This is my fifteenthousandth time...and I still do not know what I am doing!"

Comment

Working...
    X