No announcement yet.

Whats the point of _top and _Parent, i just use _blank and _Self for targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the point of _top and _Parent, i just use _blank and _Self for targets

I need to know what they do please.

Re: Whats the point of _top and _Parent, i just use _blank and _Self for targets

_top and _parent are used in frames to control where a link will load. If you don't use frames dont worry about it

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Re: Whats the point of _top and _Parent, i just use _blank and _Self for targets

I would like to use iframes, so i need to know more please. Please be specific and articulate.

Comment

blank : the link opens in a new window.
        top: it open in the uppermost window
        self: it opens in the same window
        parent: it opens in the window that has generated the current window. Only useful for pop ups. making the link _parent will cause the link to open in the window that has generated the popup.

This one was posted by Watdaflip.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Don't know what I was thinking when I posted that Chris...

_parent is used from within a frame to have the link act upon the window/frame outside of it.

For instance inside a iframe if you use _parent the entire page will go to the link.

_top to the best of my knowledge isn't used with iframe (unless there are frames within the iframe, also I don't use iframes so I never learned much about them).

At any rate, if you are going to use an iframe, to change the content from inside the target is going to be an unique identifier, whatever you give the "name" of the iframe is the target for the link outside of it.

Register/Login Script
            Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Don't know what I was thinking when I posted that Chris...
              I don't know CJ! Your articulation Eh!
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
              X