Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilemma

Im confused about something and its keeping me back from working on my site.

My site layout is going to be,

Banner ?Search engine right here?
    Link Link Link Link etc etc

More links on left Iframe right here ?search engine in here?

My dilemma is that nobody has articulatly explained how the search engine thing works so im confused on how im going to implement it into my site, i want my iframe to be the only thing that changes as visitors navigate my site. How can i implement a search engine. Can i put it on top outside of the iframe, or do i put it inside the iframe? Do i have to make a individual page for my search results or does the program make that for me? Please be articulate and thorough so i fully understand or don't bother posting. And don't bother posting "go watch the tutorials", they don't help me on that subject.

Hope to hear from someone, so i can resolve this finnaly.

EDIT: when i posted it screwed up my layout up top, basically banner in the middle, search engine on the right, links below banner, links on left side of page and so on. Iframe below in middle.

Re: Dilemma

Hi, iframes are great for image gallery's & a few other bits, but you wont get the SE's to see you very well using this method. If the main content of your page is in the iframe, the only thing the SE's will see is the link to that frame.
    Better going down Navaldesigns .php route or just standard web pages.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Ok thank you that helps me, so i guess i won't use iframes except for those you mentioned, but how can i implement the search engine.

When i use the search thing and it worms through my pages, how does it setup the whole search results table, does it give me something to work with or do i have to create a search results page, this is my first time making a site, so i need this cleared up please. Thank you.

And I'm also at phase 1 construction of my site so its not even published, so i know very little of these things. I need to know ahead of time.

Comment

Hi, are you talking about the SE's finding you (Like Google). Or are you after a search facility for visitors to use on your own site????
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

A search engine for people to find things on my site. So people don't have to click endless links to find what they are looking for.

I think SE's like google find me by the tags i put on my pages right?

Comment

You have sites like http://www.freefind.com/ & also google to have the facility of a direct search of your site, that is placed on your own pages.
            As for Google & other SE's finding you & listing you high on there pages, this is a whole different area of IT with lots of variables that is becoming an art in it self.
            But you are found by them with having good titles/content/keywords/ that is related to each individual page of your site.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
            X