Email error message in outlook 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email error message in outlook 2003

I have set up the C panel part of the email process and whent on to set up the outlook 2003 part. there is a part where you can test the connection and I am getting the following message under tasks

1. Find outgoing server Fail
    2. Find incoming server - OK
    3. log onto incoming mail server - OK
    4. Send email message - Fail

And this message under errors

1.Send test email:The speicifc server was found but there was no response form the server. Please verify that the port and SSL infol are correct. To acess these go to the advance tab......
    2.Find outgoing mail server (SMTP): Outlok could not connect to the outgoing mail server (SMTP) the problem could be the server name or port or your server may not support SSL. Verify your port and SSL setting in the advance tab....

I have checked the advance tab and the settings are
    incoming server POP3 110
    outgoing server SMTP 25

I have an other email, just email not within a website under outlook and that works fine. Do you have any idea where I have gone wrong?

thanks in advance!!

Sarah

Re: Email error message in outlook 2003

Aah! how annoying after all my typing !!!! Well just to let you know that I have an email account up and runnning I just forgot to hit the send/receive button on the outlook page, when I did that the test page dropped into the box - great !
    Sorry if any one is still scratching their head about my problem.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
    X