Explorer .vs. Firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorer .vs. Firefox

Apparently my site does not present as well when being used in the firefox engine but looks fine when viewing through explorer. Does anyone know how to work around this so the site is done well on both? View my site www.letstalkchef.com to see what I mean.

Thanks!

Re: Explorer .vs. Firefox

Download Firefox, install it and use it to preview your pages through BV. There is no specific workaround, it's a case of trial and error until your page looks acceptable in both browsers.

Comment

Hi Letstalk... AJ is right... I helps to utilize Explorer and Firefox with web builder to tweak page lay out ... Have Fun.. Doug

Comment

There are ways around it with a lot of work using css for each browser, but not worth it with BV. I tend to build a site with FF & adjust to IE after.
        I seemed to get less adjustments this way.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I have found that more people (about 80% by my log files) are still using IE even though firefox is a much better browser. I set my sites up to look right for my visitors and thus preview with Internet Explorer. Firefox is my browser of choice but the rest of the world still hasn't quite caught on to it. Go for which browser your site visitors use most.
          Affordable Medical Insurance
          Discount Dental Plan
          Washington State Health Insurance
          Temporary Health Insurance
          Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Originally posted by motoxxx View Post
            I have found that more people (about 80% by my log files) are still using IE even though firefox is a much better browser. I set my sites up to look right for my visitors and thus preview with Internet Explorer. Firefox is my browser of choice but the rest of the world still hasn't quite caught on to it. Go for which browser your site visitors use most.
            LOL .. a matter of opinion I guess ...

It's funny, I do NOT like firefox, it is a very slow browser for me, I cannot fly around like I can in Internet Explorer - I dislike their browser opening pages and I find everything wants you to go and do something else before you can accomplish what you set out to do ..

Just had to say, I don't like firefox, LOL .. and while you might think that firefox is a much better browser, or that the rest of the world hasn't caught up yet, LOL .. I don't believe you .. LOL ... And 80% of your surfers, hmmm ... that in itself tells a tale to me ..

But, then I am still cruising along with IE6 - imagine ..

Oh, and yes, I hate VISTA too .. LOL ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

LadyEye

You took the words right out of my mouth! Since there's nothing else to say.....I'll just go away! LOL

Cheers

Comment

I'm not going to argue for which is better to use, because it is a matter of opinion. I personally hate IE for comparability reasons (for one its a pain to write javascript for IE)

But none the less, the main point I wanted to make is (at least in my opinion) the reason most people use IE is because they are not aware there is a choice. There are many people I have met in my generation (those who have grown up using computers who still don't know there are other browsers you can use). Heck, even when my parents give me a call to help them out with something and I tell them to go to www.somesite.com, they type it in a yahoo search instead of the address bar most of the time.

Register/Login Script
                Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Hi was just looking at your site with both browsers next to one another I see what you are talking about the line under the banner in firefox shows and not in internet explore. what I would do is remove that line and then see what happens. well good luck with the site
                  sigpicJoe
                  Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                  The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

In Firefox, horizontal lines are often skewed. I've used shapes (made into horiz. lines) instead of the lines tool and it works fine in both browsers. There may be a better way and maybe we'll hear from others in that regard.

Good luck!

Steve
                    www.irstnorcal.com

Comment

Hi, only a suggestion? But have you thought of using tables as your shapes, borders & outlines. I tend to find they hold better position on the page than shapes. (not sure why)
                      OK! not the best sample but my site is totally made of tables & is surprisingly quick to do with the bonus of pages loading so much quicker & looking ok in FF & IE:

Only an idea? Good luck.

PS. Ditto with hating Vista. Its terrible.
                      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris. Another little tid-bit of BV info to put in my file! You are right; it does load fast! I wonder how much a background fill color slows the load down?

(Don't mean to hijack this thread...but the discussion is going along those lines!)

Comment

Originally posted by judavvforum View Post
                          Thanks Chris. Another little tid-bit of BV info to put in my file! You are right; it does load fast! I wonder how much a background fill color slows the load down?

(Don't mean to hijack this thread...but the discussion is going along those lines!)

Hi, not sure why more don't use this method, as it don't look very professional having lots of red x appearing before the page fully loads. Think there is about 12 tables on my page & will always load fast. You can also pop a page full of very small/low kb graduated images on the server & link the tables background to them with a repeat. This will also save loading times.
                          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                          X