Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scary Ride - A320 nearly crashed during crosswind approach.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary Ride - A320 nearly crashed during crosswind approach.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: Scary Ride - A320 nearly crashed during crosswind approach.

Geesh!
    Nothing like more things to think about when flying one of the most abundant type craft out there for those of us who fly very frequently!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

LOL.. that looks like a NORMAL landing at Lajes Field, Azores, Portugal. Its famous for wind shear. I was on a couple of those flights landing there.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I have had a few where the pilot has had to show us the runway before landing (Disconcerting is the polite word) Must admit, I don’t mind if a plane shakes, rattles, & rolls & take off like the old DC9’s used to. (Straight up) .But still can’t get on with the drops.
        Warning if anyone is coming to London. Don’t fly to (London docklands airport) You have a twice the rate of decent than most other airports. (Be nice if they told you before) lol.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Ouch! Not a flight I'd have wanted to be on! (Can't stand flying!)

What worries me is how they knew to video that? Were they expecting something like that to happen?
          Trish
          www.Limebrook.com
          www.MountainWalk.co.uk
          www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
          www.TucsonForBeginners.com
          www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

I love flying, but this does make you think huh? Just shows how simple it is to turn into disaster!
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
              I love flying, but this does make you think huh? Just shows how simple it is to turn into disaster!

Ramsey! You will know what its like with a high sided vehicle. Can you imagine with something 5 & 10 times the size in high winds. I know i have been pushed across a whole lane of a motorway in the past.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Just another day at the office?><)&&#37;$#&(
                Trish like Karen said some airports are known for the wind, I heard that they were there watching the landings,(Tries). I used to watch planes land at SETAC,(in Seattle) Quite interesting.
                Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                  Ramsey! You will know what its like with a high sided vehicle. Can you imagine with something 5 & 10 times the size in high winds. I know i have been pushed across a whole lane of a motorway in the past.
                  Oh yes... I've been pulling a 44ft curtain sided trailer over a very windy Severn Bridge when the trailer was empty... I nearly took off!!! Very scary, however... I still think I'd rather be blown over in a truck than an A320!! LOL
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

LOL.. While we were stationed at Lajes, we used to be able to fly inter theatre NATO alliance bases for 10 bucks a person. Because we were stationed on this island, we used to get MORALE leave and priority on these "hops". One time i had this BRIGHT IDEA of flying into NAPLES where there is a HUGE military shopping center, and of course you can go touring around, hop on the rail etc etc. All was GREAT until the return flight. All I could get on was a C130 Cargo plane, with the NET bucket seats and the cargo flopping around the middle of the plane. Very little insulation, and talk about NOISE and Vibrations..all of this wasnt too bad, considering the $10 ticket price. What got me, was after we flew off the continent a fishing vessel was in distress, about 40 miles out from shore, and we had to fly around until rescue arrived, in circles, and mind you, you could look out the window and feel like you already was in the drink! Mind you, it took like 3 hours for rescue to get there. I think I hurled everything i had eaten for a month. Took me a month or two before I could face boarding an airplane of ANY sort. LOLOL

Remind me some time to tell you the story of flying on the ISLAND hoppers. Old Old wooden planes, not jets, PLANES, with the double wings and little propellers. You often wondered HOW they even took off.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I lived in Alaska and the bush planes there are fabric covered frames. Those jumps to fishing and hunting spots were great fun. The view was worth it .
                      Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

You know .... on second glance it looks like a typical Olympic Airlines flight .... sad but true!
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                        X