Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can employees check email on our website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can employees check email on our website?

I think this can be done, but just wanted to check before I create all the email accounts.

Can each employee sign onto www.oursite.com/webmail and pick up their emails?

Do I create employee1@oursite.com / employee2@oursite.com etc? on my cpanel. Then do I have to recreate it in either Horde or Squirelmail?

Does this allow them to pick up email from www.oursite.com/webmail

When someone is visiting our site, and they hit the "Contact Employee1" button, it goes directly into our webmail account?

Or would it be easier just to have all employees' email accounts forwarded to their personal email (gmail, rogers, sympatico etc?)

Thanks
    www.reikiforhorses.ca
    Balance Your Horse's Energy For Self-Healing
    www.lucynixon.ca
    Reiki For Pets and Their People
    www.ufindahorse.com
    Work In Progress

Re: Can employees check email on our website?

If you create an account or give them the passwords etc sure.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You would be better off simply creating individual email accounts (and passwords to them) and letting them set up their Outlook or Express to retrieve them automatically, rather than have them access your webmail.

You don't need to set up Horde or Squirrel to do this, simply add email account under the Email icon, and then do simple setup in Outlook.

Keep the Webmail interface exclusive to the Admin level access for "safety" sake.....
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you Karen and Vasili.

Vasili, you make a very good point about the Admin level "safety" sake. This was on my mind.

To setup to employees Outlook, would I have to physically be at their home computer to set this up?

If so, I think redirecting (forwarding email) to their existing email address would be easier. Thank you again, for pointing out the security issue.
        www.reikiforhorses.ca
        www.lucynixon.ca
        www.ufindahorse.com
        Work In Progress

Comment

Originally posted by MoodyMare View Post
          To setup to employees Outlook, would I have to physically be at their home computer to set this up?
          No ... it is a relatively simple 5 minute task they can do themselves, once you provide them with a simple set of instructions.

And, if you wish to take them "off the payroll" so to speak, you need only go into your cPanel and delete the account entirely. Or conversely, simply add one or reset one with a few clicks -- always in your control and within your awareness!

Once the account is added -- you will ADD EMAIL ACCOUNT and create a User name (username@yourdomainname.com) and password -- you will need to send them the following instructions for Outlook:

1. Open Outlook, and click on > TOOLS > EMAIL ACCOUNTS

2. Click > ADD EMAIL ACCOUNT

3. Click > POP3 ACCOUNT

4. Enter top left "User Information" section the User Name as created (Name ; Full.Name ; Full_Name, etc.)

5. Enter email address using all lower case (user @domainname.com)

6. In entering "Logon Information" User Name is email address all lower case and use the "+" symbol instead of the "@" symbol: user+domain.com
          It is important you use the "+" symbol here and not the "@" symbol!

7. Enter PASSWORD as created

8. Tick "Remember Password" box

9. Enter "Incoming POP3" server and "Outgoing SMTP" server the same information: mail.domainname.com

10. Click > MORE SETTINGS button > GENERAL tab, enter User Name Complete (i.e. Susan Smith / Company Name)

11. Click > OUTGOING SERVER tab, tick box "My Outgoing (SMTP) Server Requires Authentication"

12. Click > ADVANCED tab, move "Timeout" slide a bit, and reset to "1 minute 30 seconds"

13. Click > OK to return to setup dialog, click on > TEST ACCOUNT SETTINGS to send test email. Should be successful....if not, is usually a connection glitch, or a false "read" by Outlook itself. Most of the time you will discover an email successfully sent when opening Outlook again once it is shut down and 'resets' itself with new configurations = saving settings.

14. Click > NEXT to finish setup! You're done!

* The only time re-directing email (forwarding, actually) is useful is when you absolutely need to see everything that is going on .... you can enable copies to be left in the main account to view. Most people do not clean up the Webmail though, and it gets full after a short while....

Comment

Wow! Could you have made it any easier for me!?! I am truly grateful. Thank you so much.
            www.reikiforhorses.ca
            www.lucynixon.ca
            www.ufindahorse.com
            Work In Progress

Comment

Originally posted by MoodyMare View Post
              Wow! Could you have made it any easier for me!?! I am truly grateful. Thank you so much.

....and on we go!

Comment

Hi there,

I have this idea too but I would prefer my staff to login via Webmail. How do I create an Icon on my office desktop in order for my staff to login their own email via Webmail?

Thank you so much.

Best Wishes,
                Swan

Email: mingswanfoo@propertychr.com

Comment

Working...
                X