Viewing my Created Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewing my Created Pages

Good Morning - I Loaded the BV Software and have constructed a few simple pages with Buttons and few statements and Images. I have what I feel is a Good simple starting spot. I have saved the pages as .HTML files. I have not yet got my domain registration transfered so I have not published anything. My pages at this point only reside on my computer.

I saved the pages to my thumbdrive ( index.html etc) and took them to a friends house show them on their computer. But attempting to open them in Word nets Square boxes and and Odd characters spaced with my text. Opening with IE nets different but the same kind of text and IE then gives an error message and shuts down sending error message to MS.

I do have a basic HTML Understanding and I use it with my templates at a several sites that I sell items at. These HTML files are Not useable or editable. ( by me anyway )
    The Pages do open with the BV software.
    Am I doing something wrong ? or must all page editing and viewing be done with the BV software ??
    Thank You

Re: Viewing my Created Pages

Hi, BV is designed to only work on Vodahost servers & wont work corectly in other ways. If you do use a VH server to publish your site? You save the page as a name with no extensions. BV adds this automatically when published to the server.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: Viewing my Created Pages

Thanks Chris-

Made some great gains lately -- figured out how to hurdle several of my other roadblocks

Nearer to sign in and publish time !!

Thanks again you and others who have helped in other thread questions

Comment

Working...
      X