Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open an account NOW? or later?

K- few questions
    My 7 yr old web site is shutting down on Mr 31.. Retiring servor's they say ,, too antique (1992's) .. SO - I am attempting to get moved to BV, launch, change name servor, establish redirects (however i do that?) AND do all this by Mr. 31.. so as to NOT lose traffic.

Bethers (than you Beth) is helping me by creating a template with a php single page index such that I do not constantly have to edit index's on ea. page..

Plan is to recreate the critical pages JUST as they are .. meaning, verbiage, pics, (keyword phrases) etc.. AT least enough of the keyword landing pages.. that are currently being used by world "searchers". I CAN identify them as i use "stat counter".. About 150 to 200 pages of my 1000 total (old web site).. The site is www.treetables.com

QUESTIONS
    1) Can i SHOULD i open an account now? or should I wait till all the initial pages (part I, 150 or so pages) are ready to launch using BV builder?

2) IF I open an account now... does that mean i need to change direction of my name servor and point it to BV? NoW? or can this be done later..
    note- it is my understanding , could be wrong, that in order for me to SEE my pages online and live,, i will FIRST have to change the DNS and point it to BV..

3) IF that is correct.. then will that not send the search engines into and untested (links) web site and possibly mess up my current rankings? QUES: is there ANY way to check out my page links BEFORE a launch..how can this work?

4) I wish to simply do pretty much a copy/past of the old web pages that i select.. We have researced from the back side of my current web site and a FTP down or upload does not seem feasable (i.e. simply copy it) BOY i WISH it was..

However, this morning, i discovered the BV import HTML pages tool.. and imported into a BV blank page the home page of my old web site and a few other pages.. just messing around.. and WA LA.. .. there is was, in living color, pics n all.. not perfect.. but there was the text boxes, pics.. etc.. SO

5) Ques: is this not a feasable way to get it done quickly,, import it into the BV system ( i plan to use a dedicated 1G jump drive) ,, then edit the pages to make them just like the old ones.. and SAVE them..
    Is not this possible...

6) If it IS possible could i then, when i receive the templates, simply do a "select all" and copy/paste into the template, saving THAT new page as the final page?? sounds good to me but does it to YOU whom have the experience??

7) IF all the above can work.. what about links.. ? Should I wait and do the links upon the new and final templated pages OR can i go ahead and do it now.. Guess the ques.. is WILL the links copy/past along with the verbiage and pic boxes..??

thanks for your overview...

mike just
    Kindest of Regards,

Just Mike
    www.treetables.com
Working...
X