Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is BV Windows or Linux Based ?

Hello - Novice Here !
    I've been reading many places trying to be sure that before I start that I can accomplish what I need to. As I Understand ?, a static website needs to be hosted by a Linux based site ? and a Interactive site with forms - shopping cart etc need to be Windows hosted ?? I see other site hosts have options for Windows / linux based hosting programs.
    Which is Blue Voda ?? -- I dont see an option to choose. I assume that it must be Windows Based because of all the PHP and interactive features discussed here. Will a Windows site host either a static or interactive website ?
    My Initial site plan is for a basic static site. Am I correct in the assumption that if Blue Voda is Windows based, that it will be fine for static pages and can be made interactive as soon as I see the need and feel capeable of setting it up ??
    Thanks

Re: Is BV Windows or Linux Based ?

Hi Mstuf,
    Here is something for you. Click here. It should answer your questions, thanks to Vasili and Navaldesign (members on the forum).
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Vodahost is Linux based, most likely redhat, but it runs a php/perl platform. BV itself has nothing to do with it. If you are wanting a Windows Server, then no.. vodahost is NOT a windows hosting server.

You can run static or dynamic pages on EITHER type of server, (side server includes and languages) again, you are talking software, and not the basis for the server.

What you need to know is that .asp extensions are applicable to a Windows hosting enviroment and that .php extensions are the OTHER guys! HTML works on either.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank You for Helping me gain these basic Understandings -- This stuff isnt easy for us old guys -- Seems like the more I read someplaces the more confused I get.

Comment

How old is old? I see you are only 56 years young and you say you are old???!!! One is only as old as you feel in your spirit.
          Take it one step at a time. Watch the turorials one by one, but experiment with them as you go along.
          I wish you all the best, and I know you will overcome all the problems. Just remember: Winners never quit and quitters never win.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Novice???? Old???? I'm impressed!

If you had asked me in September whether I wanted static or dynamic pages on my website, I would have run for cover....lol.

Thanks to my many newfound friends, I can confidently answer those sort of questions without a moments pause. God bless Bethers and Karen Mac, and my new friends on Vodahost!

Thumbs up, you guys!
            Karen Williams
            Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Red Hat (Linux), which is a much more robust and capable environment to run 99.99% of all applications (within account and TOS parameters, of course).
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

There is a free Linux-based web builder available called Kompozer.

Comment

Originally posted by Coen View Post
                  There is a free Linux-based web builder available called Kompozer.
                  Its not LINUX Based..

Kompozer is OPENSOURCE html editor. Has nothing to do with SERVER LANGUAGES.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                  X