Cannot find my files in CP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot find my files in CP

I log into CP, click on file manager and it goes to the screen I recognize as my file manger. On the left side of the screen, blow the search your files area, all it says is 'collapse all" and I see nothing on the right side of the screen. I have clicked on several buttons trying to find my files to no effect. I have clicked the 'home', 'up one level', 'back', 'forward', and 'reload' to no effect. Any help here would be appreciated.
    Dave Van De Cappelle
    www.aSimpleLife.ca
    www.TheAlternativeSolution.ca

Re: Cannot find my files in CP

Hi Freddy,
    Have you tried legacy file manager. Give that one a try and see if your files are there.
    Diane
    www.smallbizunite.net

At first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again!

Comment

Thank you, that does the trick, I will have to see if I can move files around here though.

Dave Van De Cappelle
      www.aSimpleLife.ca

Comment

Originally posted by freddy971 View Post
        Thank you, that does the trick, I will have to see if I can move files around here though.
        I'm sure if you see your files in legacy file manager then you should be able to see it in file manager. Maybe there is a temperary glitch or something but in legacy I find it a little easier to manage rather than the other but like the saying goes "One mans poison is another mans pleasure" well in my case "One womans poison......lol hope everything works out
        Diane
        www.smallbizunite.net

At first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again!

Comment

Just remember, you should not just move files around between subfolders if you have any. You will lose your links.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

No links to this file. It is an .avi file 'movie' of the 50 cm of snow that fell in the last 2 days here in southern Ontario and our dealings and snowbanks and so on. No links exist to it. I uploaded it to a sub domain folder and i needed to move it to my public folder for folks to go get it.

So I am safe to move it.
            Dave Van De Cappelle
            www.aSimpleLife.ca

Comment

Yes, it is safe to move them. You can then provide links on one of your pages to the images or display them in some kind of slideshow.
              Bless you
              Tom

Comment

Sorry, I was not reading properly. I see its a movie. Yes it is safe to move it. Then use the Media button in BV to insert a Windows Media Player window on your page. Double click the box and link to the avi file.
                Last edited by Tom vR; 03-09-2008, 08:37 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
                Bless you
                Tom

Comment

Working...
                X