Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general help

Hello ,

i wanted to build a site for the community where i live and it will be a non-profit one, a site that the users(the public) can post free things to give and people can recive , donate style.

i know sites like that around the world but not in english so i cant give you and example here.

i wanted to know , in general , how can i build something like that :

- how can i create tables that contain the information needed (like : name of person , what he want to donate etc.) and when people r posting, the table will extend as much as it needed .

- is it possible to create something like that in BV at all ?

i hope i can get nice ideas here and create something like that here (i live in brazil btw)

thanks alot.

Re: general help

Perhaps if I write in you reply box some one will help to tell me how I use this forum I need toask a question but do not know where to go.
    I have logged in, but do not see a posting facility. Man this is cumbersome, have been trying all weekend to get some sort of reply.

Comment

bucks i dont know whats the problem cus I CAN SEE your psot.

you just need to search for the right place to post your question i suppose....

Comment

Danny: what you want to create can't be done only with BV, it requires a combination of BV and php/MySQL coding.
        Your other solution is to use one of the CMS (Content Management Systems) like Joomla and similar
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by bucksbunny View Post
          Perhaps if I write in you reply box some one will help to tell me how I use this forum I need toask a question but do not know where to go.
          I have logged in, but do not see a posting facility. Man this is cumbersome, have been trying all weekend to get some sort of reply.
          To submit a new thread:
          First select the thread that you want to post to, then click on "New Thread" (upper left part, not at the very top, but just under the navigation bar of the forum)
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I seem to get to write to exisiting posts, but can't find how to post my own thread. I got there once by accident and can not discover the method again.
            Thanx and sorry about the minor stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by bucksbunny View Post
              I seem to get to write to exisiting posts, but can't find how to post my own thread. I got there once by accident and can not discover the method again.
              Thanx and sorry about the minor stuff.
              It's not difficult...

click here and then find the forum that suits your question, and then at the top just click on 'New Thread'
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

at the risk of being a nuisance, I click on the link you prepared for me, but for the life of me there is no button that says ne threat. The closest is new post and this is not a place for a new post.
                Thanx for putting up with me

Comment

If you read my post again, it says to click on the link, THEN find the forum discussion board that suits your question. Having clicked the link for that group THEN you will see 'NEW THREAD' at the top.
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi Bucks,
                    Click on Ramsey's link. Then you will see a whole list of different forum headings. Select the one that fits your topic you want to ask questions on. Example: General Support Issues. Once you have opened it, you will see all the posts by other people. On top of the table you will see the button New Thread. Click it.

Next time, to get to the forums again, open BV. Then at the bottom of BV, click on the Community Forum button.
                    Bless you
                    Tom

Comment

Working...
                    X