remove extra site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remove extra site

i need help with having 2 home pages. i need to remove one that does not work. after search is done sites come up and i want to remove the small "home" that does not work. lee
    www.jungleconstruction.com

Re: remove extra site

Open your CPanel
    Click on File Manager
    Click on the public_html folder/directory
    Click on the file you want to delete
    It will appear then on the upper right hand corner of the current window
    There you will see several options.
    One of them is delete

or

Open your FTP from the BV website builder.
    Click on "Connect"
    Enter your username and password
    Open the public_html folder
    Select the file
    Click on the red X on the upper portion of the window
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

it's not there. only one home page yet my site when searched has two. yahoo can open site. please take a look thanks lee

Comment

All I is get is a "under construction" page.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

wow!!!!that goes back a year!! yahoo search brings up sites for me. it also brings up these post questions!! how do you remove them??? google search brings up only post question. still stuck on removing extra site. thanks lee

Comment

OK, now I get your site. The electronic size of your images is HUGE.
            You MUST reduce the size or clients will have to wait forever to view your site.
            Is it an additional site or just an additional index page?
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

Morning, yes to index page. small "home" is wrong, need to remove it. Also when posting here on site, these tend to come up when i search. How are theses removed? I will go back and resize some of the pics. when on others computers though, it seemed to come up fine. Just need to remove indexes for now. Have ads running with site on them. thanks lee

Comment

Morning Terry, still need an answer on the home pages. do i change home to index page? I'm very confused when it comes to the saving pages. it is saved as home/html , but i thought when i redid page the save page and publish it would have changed it? lee

Comment

Lee,
                  Save your main/home page as " index " only. Do not add anything (html bvp) BV addds the extension automatically and when you publish it will publish as index.html. You can title (in Page properties) whatever works for you.
                  Save As -- index -- (note lower case i) This is the only page that has to be saved with lower case letters.
                  Publish it.
                  View it on the Internet.
                  If the old page comes up, hold down your Ctrl key on your keyboard and click on your browsers Refresh icon. That should get your new page to show.
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

Originally posted by leesstuff2 View Post
                    Morning Terry, still need an answer on the home pages. do i change home to index page? I'm very confused when it comes to the saving pages. it is saved as home/html , but i thought when i redid page the save page and publish it would have changed it? lee
                    Which page do you want to use?

You do have an index named properly. If this is the one you want follow Terry's instructions to remove yoursite/home.html (it does exist and must be in your control panel).

Change any links back to your "home" page to yoursite.com and nothing else. This will make your index your "home" page as it should be.

Saving your pages and linking to them are 2 different things. When you save a page it should be the name of the page (ie aboutme, contact etc)
                    and nothing else. Bv does the rest. With the exception of index all pages when published will include .html extensions (ie aboutme.html, contact.html etc). This is the name you must link to. So to link to contact you must enter the complete pathway - http://www.your complete domainname/contact.html . To link to 'Home' (which is really your index page) enter only http://www.yourcompletedomainname.

Hope this is clear to you.
                    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Morning Terry,

If I'd known you were up I wouldn't have gotten involved....
                      Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Sedona,
                        No problem
                        CarbonTerry
                        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                        Zone 5 Photo
                        My USMC

Comment

Thanks everyone, will give it a shot. Thanks for explaining it to me. Lee

Comment

Working...
                          X