Control Panel Password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control Panel Password

When I change my control panel's password, contents of my web pages are missing. How can fix it ?
    Chitra B. Gurung
    EVERGREEN Tours,
    Kathmandu, Nepal
    www.egtours.com

Re: Control Panel Password

Re-publish the pages once your access is validated.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Normally the control panel password is the same as your master password to upload pages with BlueVoda.

If you want to change the password to access your control panel, does this automatically change the master password for BV as well? And does this affect already uploaded pages?
      "It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"

Comment

Originally posted by gerrit View Post
        Normally the control panel password is the same as your master password to upload pages with BlueVoda.

If you want to change the password to access your control panel, does this automatically change the master password for BV as well? And does this affect already uploaded pages?
        Yes it does change your publishing password too.

Doesn't affect already uploaded pages one single bit.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hmmm, the topic opener stated some of his already uploaded pages were missing content after changing the password?

I used my given password to upload my pages, but it is a bit short so I would like to replace the cpanel password (= master password) by a longer password. I hesitated a bit after reading this topic though, as I wouldn't like to have to re-do or re-upload the pages I already have online now.

Comment

Hmmm, the topic opener stated some of his already uploaded pages were missing content after changing the password?

I used my given password to upload my pages, but it is a bit short so I would like to replace the cpanel password (= master password) by a longer password. I hesitated a bit after reading this topic though, as I wouldn't like to have to re-do or re-upload the pages I already have online now.
            Whatever issues the first poster had will have no connection to him changing his control panel password, trust me! I have several accounts on every VH server and have changed every single password, and several times too. Some of my sites have several hundred pages and I would not risk losing any of them either... but changing your password does NOT create a loss of any pages.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

The topic starter talked about a few corrupted pages, like missing elements and such. Which would be strange that pages already fully uploaded would be affected. Even BV pages not uploaded but just stored on your harddrive should have no change normally, the only thing changed would be the password you enter when clicking the "publish" option?

If no pages can be corrupted by it, then I guess I can just change the password.
              Is the option very clearly marked in the control panel? (I will see the tutorial pages as well to check if there's any instruction on it)

Comment

The topic starter talked about a few corrupted pages, like missing elements and such. Which would be strange that pages already fully uploaded would be affected. Even BV pages not uploaded but just stored on your harddrive should have no change normally, the only thing changed would be the password you enter when clicking the "publish" option?

If no pages can be corrupted by it, then I guess I can just change the password.
                Is the option very clearly marked in the control panel? (I will see the tutorial pages as well to check if there's any instruction on it)
                What tutorials would you like to see with regards to changing a password?

Log-in to your CP, click on 'Change Password', Enter your existing password in the first box, enter the new password in the second and third boxes. Hit submit.

Comment

Thanks. And that new password is also what you need to enter when clicking the publish button in BV, right? (username remains the same of course)

Last question: should one ever forget his password, in what way can you recover it? I mean, storing your password in your mailbox ain't the safest thing to do, so I write my passwords down. You never know though one would ever lose the paper (very small chance, but still...)

Comment

Thanks. And that new password is also what you need to enter when clicking the publish button in BV, right? (username remains the same of course)

Last question: should one ever forget his password, in what way can you recover it? I mean, storing your password in your mailbox ain't the safest thing to do, so I write my passwords down. You never know though one would ever lose the paper (very small chance, but still...)
                    Yes same password for CP and publish

Never store your passwords in your email or on paper.. Create a password that you WON'T forget. If you do forget it, this is no hardship... just email Vodahost and they will reset it for you. Think yourself lucky you have just the one password to remember!.

Comment

BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC ...... all "interrputions" and posturing aside....

Pages do not "change when the password is reset" and most likely reflects a publishing error, such as forgetting to save a page version prior to publishing (for after publishing, pages are not saved in the newest or published version and when closed revert to older saved page versions).

The Password is unversal, and controls access to your Control Panel as well as other aspects of your VodaHost account: Blue Voda (publishing, Blue FTP); add-on domains (cPanel and BV); and Webmail (the main User panel, but not individual email settings).

Keep in mind that resettng a Password will reset all of the above, and that your Account Password is separate from your VBS VodaBilling Service, VodaBids, VodaGold, and VodaSupport.

Lost Passwords can be automatically reset by clicking on the "Lost/Forgot Password" prompt and awaiting the reset by email.
                      The email itself should be printed out and "archived" in a responsible manner (folder, binder, etc.) and safely stored within reach. Any changing of that password once access is granted using this auto-reset should be written on that email to show clearly the current settings.
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Out of curiosity I did try logging in to VBS and my original password (which was identical to my Cpanel/BV publish password, but username replaced by email address) was refused as well. So seems this has also been reset when I reset my control panel password. However, no problems with that, my new password is longer and thus more secure so I am happy enough that it works for Cpanel, BV and more.

Comment

Maybe a silly question, but to change the contact email address, is that in Personal Information after logging in to cPanel?

Comment

Working...
                          X