Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing

callandersalers.co.uk
    I've just blue voda published a simple website for the first time and the site is not yet internet accessible but what I don't understand is do I have to FTP publish the site also to make it publically accessible? My welcome email confuses me.

Thank you - Helen

Re: publishing

Originally posted by mainsofcall.farm View Post
    callandersalers.co.uk
    I've just blue voda published a simple website for the first time and the site is not yet internet accessible but what I don't understand is do I have to FTP publish the site also to make it publically accessible? My welcome email confuses me.

Thank you - Helen
    Helen,

The first thing you need to do is buy the domain name callandersalers.co.uk as it is still available for anyone to purchase!
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

site updating

callandersalers.co.uk

I've just vodahost published for the first time - site not yet active. What I wonder is how do I update /amend pages as time goes by?
      Thank you - Helen

Comment

Re: site updating

callandersalers.co.uk

I've just vodahost published for the first time - site not yet active. What I wonder is how do I update /amend pages as time goes by?
        Thank you - Helen
        Hi Helen,
        All you have to do is republish after you update a bv page
        Diane
        www.smallbizunite.net

At first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again!

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
          Helen,

The first thing you need to do is buy the domain name callandersalers.co.uk as it is still available for anyone to purchase!
          I bought the domain name from vodahost yesterday and have the confirmation email in front of me.

Comment

I bought the domain name from vodahost yesterday and have the confirmation email in front of me.
            You might want to just check that as I can currently purchase that domain through my registras. It's showing up as publicly available to purchase? It might just be a time thing.. I obviously haven't tried to purchase it but it says I can.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thank you but do you know if I must FTP publish details of my website as well as Blue Voda publish it? Sorry it is taking me a while to get the hang of this forum - I've only just got broadband in this part of Scotland!!

Comment

Thank you but do you know if I must FTP publish details of my website as well as Blue Voda publish it? Sorry it is taking me a while to get the hang of this forum - I've only just got broadband in this part of Scotland!!
                Once you have built your pages you just simply click on the publish button at the top of your builder. It's as simple as that. That will publish your pages and all your files (images etc) onto the VH server and your site will be seen.

Are you sure you ticked the box to buy the domain when you signed up or did you tick the box that said 'I already have a domain name' ?

I am just a bit worried for you that the domain is showing available.

Comment

Working...
                X