email help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• email help

will some one please help me. I cannot set up my email....I had my site reset last week and whatever I do will not work!

On my site: www.airurviews.com I have a comments page where visitors can write comments and send. I had set up an email: airurviews@googlemail.com and all was working well. Now I cannot remember what I did nor have I any record!

Can someone go into my account and test it for me or something.

Dan.

Re: email help

click the below...also read the trouble shooting section.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yes I've been through all of the tutorials and I am not clear at allThe link says nothing about putting my email in something other than what you have listed! I used googlemail, as I stated above.

Comment

I also asked if someone could look at my site rather than just point me at tutorials which just confuse me!

Comment

Originally posted by dannlin View Post
          Yes I've been through all of the tutorials and I am not clear at allThe link says nothing about putting my email in something other than what you have listed! I used googlemail, as I stated above.
          You don't seem to get it: these peer-to-peer Support Forums are here to help with everything that concerns building webs using the tools, technologies, and techniques that are provided by VodaHost, and are not expected to serve solutions for other providers or 3rd party products!

If you "lost" or don't remember your information for gMail, you need to go to Google to ask them to give you the support you need. If you are having difficulty setting up email that is generated of handled through your VodaHost website, you are in the right place, as you are provided Webmail, Horde, and Squirrel (amongst others) as utilities to process your email, and we can help walk you through many of the bottlenecks you might experience.

You can't have it both ways: you can use Express or Outlook to process your email from your website, or opt to simply log into the online Webmail to retrieve it. Additionally, you can forward your email from your website to your gMail account, but you will need to log into gMail to retrieve it. You need to make up your mind how and where you want your email sent --- you can't "mix" up your gMail with your website email and expect it to be processed properly.

The only way you can retrieve email from different sources (accounts) is to configure Outlook with multiple accounts (one for your website email after you actually create on in your Control Panel; and enter the information for gMail) which will then "poll" each account to deliver all your incoming email in one utility. Is THAT what you want to do?

* Also, it is extrememly helpful to be specific with your challenges, so others can pinpoint a solution based on your exact situation......
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

It would be extremely helpful if before erplying you could read the original properly and not be so terse!

This is not a 3rd party problem ! you don't seem to get it!
            Obviously I am not a techie....I am 60 with a difficulty in assimilating information in this form. You havent answered or bothered to answer whether or not you can enter my site and do a diagnostic or some such test! So why dont you try and help instead of being so officious!!

Comment

You also failed to read that I managed originally to set it all up and it worked perfectly! I just understand that If it worked once it should work again!
              I have attention deficit disorder which is why I cannot remember or assimilate.

Comment

We do not perform "tests" on accounts or websites on demand, either as a diagnostic or problem-solving exercise.

Since you mention that you recently had your website "reset" I would suggest that you first enter your Control Panel and re-establish your email accounts as well. (Most likely they were wiped when your account was refreshed)

Re-read my earlier post to understand how to decide on a process to handle your different email accounts as you want, and if you get stuck you can either go through the Tutorials (which can be paused/rewound/replayed as desired) or search through the Email forums here in VodaTalk!

Comment

I know for a fact that you look into peoples websites by some of the responses posted by your 'experts' so that doesn't wash!

Secondly you missed the point again!!

I have been through all the tut's and I explained to you my medical condition. And you said you could walk me through so what do you really mean...saying one thing and doing another. ambiguous.

Comment

Originally posted by dannlin View Post
                    I know for a fact that you look into peoples websites by some of the responses posted by your 'experts' so that doesn't wash!

Secondly you missed the point again!!

I have been through all the tut's and I explained to you my medical condition. And you said you could walk me through so what do you really mean...saying one thing and doing another. ambiguous.
                    Hi Dan,
                    Did you mess with any of your settings on your comment bv page? There are alternatives until you find out how it worked the first time....In the meantime you can always direct your email to googlemail from your webmail on cpanel...
                    Diane
                    www.smallbizunite.net

At first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                      We do not perform "tests" on accounts or websites on demand, either as a diagnostic or problem-solving exercise.!
                      I do not work for VodaHost, and am a fellow customer as are you, and can only offer to explain things to a point: VodaHost does NOT "test", trouble-shoot, or "diagnose" client websites!
                      Whenever a post is made about a website, it is because a volunteer client has taken the time to "investigate" for their peer's sake and to make pertinent suggestions. Demanding things that are beyond the normal practice is not the way to build a courteous posture when seeking volunteered assistance, and only creates unnecessary friction that may actually prevent you getting the help you could use.

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                      Since you mention that you recently had your website "reset," I would suggest that you first enter your Control Panel and re-establish your email accounts. (Most likely they were wiped when your account was refreshed)
                      Read this quote again (it's in red to make it easier to find and understand).

This is what you need to do, on your own, for yourself.

Anything more than this, please Submit a Ticket to get the specialized support you require.

Comment

Working...
                      X