X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Video - Help

My site is: www.elizabethkimball.com

My pictures are loading slowly.
    My video is taking several minutes to load.

I was told that people viewing my site from other computers are not having the same problem as I am when I view my site from my computer; and that I need to do something with my DNS settings from my computer. But I don't know what to do with them or how.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

-EK

Re: Slow Video - Help

Your question was already addressed in another thread (and apparently deleted after you viewed it -- guess they do not appreciate a sense of humor!).

You need to run your pictures through the free tool PixSizer to reduce the image file size (not the dimensional image size, but the actual image files size as in "kb").
    > Before you re-publish your web pages with the 'optimized' images, be sure to take advantage of the opportunity to properly title them and enter ALT tag information to best reflect the Key Words and "relevant" values for each page, as these contribute worthy metric value to your page and site overall.

The same effort needs to be made to reduce the file size of your video: either decide to edit it to be a shorter length, or compress the file in the version you desire to display.
    You can find many free video editors via Google search if you do not have one already on your computer, such as Window MovieMaker. Review the Help section to learn how to properly use this tool.

Lastly, be aware that your own connection type, speed, and even your computer itself all factor in how your loads/views are presented: if your system has only 512 RAM (vs. the 'new standard' of 1g), or you are using broadband/wireless (as opposed to hi-speed/cable), or if your computer Operating System is less capable than XP Pro for instance, the combination of these factors wil determine your overall ability to "functionally" view any online element, optimally or not.

The key is to design websites that are accessible, viewable, and functional for the majority of visitors, and that usually means keeping to minimal standards and not use large video presentations, an over-abundance of image laden pages, or other restrictive elements.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Slow Video - Help

If you are still having persistent problems loading your own computer, you may wish to perform one or both of the following operations: "clear cache" and/or do a "DNS flush"
      *you may wish to jot down any/all of your User Names and Passwords to sites regularly visited if not done so before, as either of these procedures will erase stored info
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
      X