New Computer Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Computer Help

I am setting up my new computer. I copied the BV program file folder which I thought contained all my files to the new computer. BV opened up but my files for my pages aren't there. I went to my old computer and copied the page files to a flash drive and opened them on the new computer but all the pictures are missing. Can anybody help me transferring my pages to the new computer? I tried to connect to FTP but I can't connect on the new computer either. Would downloading the current version from the BV website to my new computer fix these problems?

Re: New Computer Help

Make sure you have all the rest of your folders (the folders you originally stored your images & elements in/sourced them from) also precisely copied over, and simply re-publish the pages.

The reason you do not see the images is because the BV on the new system is not the one used to create the pages, and all added items no longer have the "associations" attached (your computer's way of identifying where it got things, the "path"), but as you re-publish, it restores them and allows you to save it as an "active" page within the BV shell program.

The server already has the associations (titles, source, size, etc.) so it will not change anything on your website --- it is the only way to re-associate previously published BV pages with your "new" BV program, that's all....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

OK, thanks I will try that this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Hambone View Post
        OK, thanks I will try that this evening.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X