Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control Panel Login URL

Hi.
    When I try to log in to cpanel either typing the address http://74.86.118.24/cpanel or clicking the link in my introductory mail, I get the error message, The Page Cannot Be Displayed.
    Any suggestions, please ?
    David.
    pahrTee.co.uk
    p.s, I'm new. Can you tell ........

Re: Control Panel Login URL

Try going in this way
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi Marincky, thanks for the quick response. I tried as you suggested but got the same 'The Page Cannot Be Displayed' message.
      I'm in the process of updating my name server information (DNS). Could it be this that's causing the problem ? Thanks, David.

Comment

Originally posted by pahrtee View Post
        Hi Marincky, thanks for the quick response. I tried as you suggested but got the same 'The Page Cannot Be Displayed' message.
        I'm in the process of updating my name server information (DNS). Could it be this that's causing the problem ? Thanks, David.
        No... what server are you trying to access?
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

From the list you sent me it appears 74.86.118.24 accesses primary server ns1.voda23.com, secondary server ns2.voda23.com. Hope this makes sense ? Thanks, David.

Comment

From the list you sent me it appears 74.86.118.24 accesses primary server ns1.voda23.com, secondary server ns2.voda23.com. Hope this makes sense ? Thanks, David.
            I have a couple of accounts on this server and have no issues so I would suggest it is something to do at your end... possible firewall? Do you have any programs such as Norton? Mcaffee?? They could be blocking you from accessing the server.

Comment

I have Symantec Client Firewall. I've just disabled it but still get the Page Cannot Be Displayed message. It's not looking good, is it ! David.

Comment

I have Symantec Client Firewall
                David I am sorry to hear this! I guess someone has to use their products!

Ok, this is unfortunately where I back down as my knowledge on firewall issues is not experienced enough to advise... All I can say is that others on this forum WILL read this post and reply at some point today, I am certain of this.

You could try a search on this in the forum there are a few people who have had similar issues, you may find some answers there, otherwise hang in there, you WILL get sorted.

You could just submit a support ticket and let them know of your issue, sometimes I have been blocked on my accounts due to the server firewall. Letting support know has solved the issue every time for me. Worth a try anyway.

Comment

Marincky. Thanks for your efforts !
                  Incidentally, when I enter my domain temporary URL, http:74.86.118.24/master username, I am immediately linked to a page stating 'Apache is working on your CPanel and WHM server'.
                  So, 74.86.118.24 doesn't work, 74.86.118.24/cpanel doesn't work, yet 74.86.118.24/masterusername/ at least takes me somewhere even if it's not quite what I expected to see !
                  Not sure if this helps or just further confuses the issue ? David.

Comment

Marincky. Thanks for your efforts !
                    Incidentally, when I enter my domain temporary URL, http:74.86.118.24/master username, I am immediately linked to a page stating 'Apache is working on your CPanel and WHM server'.
                    So, 74.86.118.24 doesn't work, 74.86.118.24/cpanel doesn't work, yet 74.86.118.24/masterusername/ at least takes me somewhere even if it's not quite what I expected to see !
                    Not sure if this helps or just further confuses the issue ? David.
                    hmmm... I would enter that support ticket..

Comment

Your IP (your computer system itself) has been temporarily blocked as an automatic protection measure by the VodaHost server group, for it has percieved your repeated failed attempts to log in to your account as a "threat", and has reacted as if you are a potential hacker.....

Submit Another Support Ticket (as this is a separate issue) asking for your IP to be unblocked, and your Password to be reset.
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Okay, thanks Vasili. I've sent a ticket to customer support department. Hopefully this will fix it ! David.

Comment

Working...
                        X